“It's ok”
Review of The Irish Place

The Irish Place
Ranked #88 of 334 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We arrived here and were given the keys to our room.

Pros:
Big room
Great location
Cheap
Great helpful owners
Good fan
Good wi fi
Good bar
The food we had was tasty(see below)

Cons:
Dirty room, no mirrors
Bad air con
Shower flooded the bathroom
Dirty towels
Gave us a food menu but then said all they had was sausage sandwichs

This place is cheap but you get what you pay for. We stayed three nights so it was THAT bad

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Excellent little bar/ restaurant/ guesthouse close to the river front in Phnom Penh. Friendly staff, good crowd in the bar with fantastic prices and great western food. 8 US for a large fan room, quiet with TV, free wifi and very secure. Can't rate this place highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on a stopover through PP. Our room wasn't properly prepared as they'd had a big night and there was a later check out the night before. The shower drain flooded, the floor was dirty, there was no TV, and we weren't told about the locks and accidentally locked ourselves out of the room. We asked about breakfast and we were told this wouldn't be available because the chef was having "relationship issues", and then in the morning we came downstairs to a dark, empty bar and had to let ourselves out! Don't get me wrong the staff were friendly and accommodating, but our experience just wasn't all that!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I chanced upon this place when I was going somewhere else in a Tuc-tuc and made a mental note to stop by later.

Well worth going back for. From the first time I stepped in until the last night I stayed I came back here at least once a day for a drink and a chat with everyone in here. The staff and the owner are friendly and will give you pointers about what to do, where to go and have local knowledge they're happy to share. They're also happy to just have a chat, shoot the breeze and the regulars are the same.

I was sad to leave Phnom Penh and this place was one of the main reasons.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank soul_phire
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Didn't stay here but popped in for a cold beer on the hot days a gew times found the owner and customers to be a great bunch to hang out with after my tourist and shopping trips. Can recommend this pub for a cold beer and a chat with some very friendly people just great

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Ok, so I stumble past this place when night after moving to Phnom Penh, and I decided to pop in for a drink. I ended up living in one of the rooms upstairs for 2 months. This places helped form a base for me to enjoy the city and meet people. The owner is friendly and welcoming, and he helped me find my feet in the city. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a friendly place to have a drink, or as a place to live.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent place to stay, eat and drink. Short walk to the river or bus station yet in a quiet location. Pat & Shifty kept me fed and well cared for at the pub downstairs. The balcony room was clean, spacious and cheap with a key to get in/out without needing to wake anyone.
I suggested it to friends and recommend it for an adventurous budget traveler.

Room Tip: The balcony is fine for smokers and has aircon. PP does start the day early do might want inside roo...