“Friendly owner ”

Ranked #205 of 1,429 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Cadillac Bar and Grill one of the best western food restaurants in Phnom Penh with a partnership with Cadillac Riverside Guesthouse just above the restaurant. Cadillac Team aim is to offer a relaxing stay to all our guest making them feel like home by providing help with anything they need while exploring Phnom Penh. Cadillac Riverside Guesthouse also provides long-term stays for guests that are looking to settle in Phnom Penh for 3 or 6 months until 1-year stay.
Sydney, Australia
“Friendly owner ”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The joint is run by an American from Texas, such a friendly guy. Definitely loves a drink and good conversation, came on a quiet night with my friend for 1 drink, ended up staying for hours watching the world cup and good conversation. Definitely gotta watch out for the Bacardi 151 though ;-) Thanks for the genuine hospitality, and by the looks of it, food is up to the highest quality. Definitely worth checking out.

• Thai first
“Great food large portions”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with some friends last night and found out that it was $5 Fridays. Everything on the menu was just $5! I ordered the chicken fried steak and it was just like back home. I could barely finish it all. Service was also perfect. Will be going there again today.

Chiang Mai
“Smoking in an airconditioned restaurant/bar!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Kind of enjoyed my visit to this place until the owner and two friends started to smoke in a bar that is airconditioned. They were also sitting very close to two guests who were enjoying their dinner. That really put me off. It's really not of this time anymore.

I had fish and chips which was OK, nothing special. Smoking should never be allowed in a closed space with airconditioning where guests are enjoying their dinner. The music was very good!

• Visited July 2014
CadillacCambodia, Owner at Cadillac Bar & Grill, responded to this review, December 12, 2015
Hi Rashid,

I wanted to apologize for the smoking in the bar and any unpleasant experience you had. I had just owned the bar for about 1 year and being the 1st restaurant I've owned I didn't want to make any dramatic changes. And being in Asia especially Cambodia at least 70% of our patrons are smokers.

All that being said as of November 15th we are maybe the 1st bar to go fully NON-smoking. Other bars have 'smoking after 10pm' or other variations but we are very proud to now be 100% smoke free (smoking at out door seating still welcomed).

What's interesting is how much positive feedback we've gotten from our smoking patrons...Many have said 'Well, we have to go out side to smoke so it we are used to it, and now the eating experience is much more enjoyable...".

So again, I apologize for any disappointment and I hope if you come back to town you'll pop back in and as for me (Chantz) and let me try to make it up to you.

Happy and safe travels
Chantz and the Cadillac family
Brisbane
“Pub food that is good”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had misgivings when I saw the western menu. I've eaten a lot of bad western food around the planet and avoid this kind of place like the plague. My client suggested it so I was committed.
I ended up ordering the grilled fish #63 which was excellent. Beer was cold. Great mirror effect inside. Overall a good dining choice for the change of pace or those who refuse to eat Asian in Asia.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Earth-Visitor
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This place has wonderful Western and Khmer food. Really tasty and great value for money. Only small but worth a pit stop.

Visited May 2014