“Lovely lil boutique hotel”

Rambutan Resort - Phnom Penh
Ranked #4 of 265 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Lovely lil boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Rambutan together w our relatives who were in town for a visit (total 3 rooms for 4 days). We had our toddlers w us (4yo & 1yo) during our stay. Staff were friendly and helpful especially w my kids. The only downside was the balcony n walkway was drenched wet after the rain n it was hard to walk back to our rooms. Very very slippery n wet. Our rooms were on the 1st floor facing the pool.

Breakfast in the morning was excellent n healthy. Pancakes are highly recommended. We still visit there for breakfast from time to time.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank hanneetan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and good value for money too. It's not too far from the centre of town. They have really good food here so we ended up eating most of our meals here. It was also well priced. The rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly. I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mishmash010
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Since arrival all the team was very kind and attentive, providing fresh towels and tea. Our room was prepared, very clean, modern and beatiful! Views to the pool, quiet, bath tub in the terrace, comfortable beds and very silent air con.
Breakfast was well presented and tasty, ranging from eggs however you liked them to typical cambodian breakfast based on rice and noodles.
Fruit was tasty, freshly squeezed juices. We tried also for lunch and was wonderful and not expensive. Cocktails very good and well served.
A tuk tuk was always provided at good rates, and above all, you could trust the driver, even to come back late at night.

I would definitely recommend! I would only add manicure-pedicure service to their spa :)
The only downside is they sent a tuk tuk to pick us up but never said they will charge it, which they did. Usually hotels in Cambodia send someone but for free. Anyway, when I told them they removed the charge without any problems.

Room Tip: Rooms to the pool are quiet, yet you have a feeling of wide space.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sharidian
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed at Rambutan from 6-13 May and again from 16-20 May 2014. The hotel entrance opens up into a large, slate paved courtyard with a pool, cabanas, sun loungers, restaurant and bar. My rooms were both large, airy, comfortable and stylish. The second room was a bit of an upgrade but for he same price.

The point here is that at less than $50 a night I'm getting a stylish hotel with all amenities. It is the best value hotel I have come across in my travels. This good value is topped off by charming Cambodian service. I have really enjoyed my stay and congratulate them on a job well done!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Mikeypopssssss
Amsterdam, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

In march I stayed four nights at the Rambutan Resort. I had a wonderful and very relaxed time at the Rambutan. The room (penthouse) was beautiful and very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I had excellent massages, the breakfast was perfect. By tuk tuk the sights are easy to reach.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Hnkkpr
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was thankful to the Manger ~ Tum for his kind offer to upgrade my room to the deluxe one with bath tub
I was actually wanting a relaxing trip, I brought with me some hot spring Onsen salt from Hokkiado but not knowing that I did the wrong booking where my room do not have bath tub. Very kind of Mr. Tum after hearing my explanation, he shows great empathy and changed my room almost instantly.
The stuff in Rambutan Resort are serviced oriented and the place is really awesome ! The breakfast is very nice too : )
Would definitely booked there for my next trip in Phnom Penh.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcchoh
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Very nice small hotel near by Monyvong Bld. and Mao Tse Tung Bld.We had a nice room with poolview, and a bathtub on the balcony.
Very nice and helpfull staff, and nice breakfast
Large bed whith soft mattress

Room Tip: Choose a pool-view room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple