“Great location, beautiful view, fantastic staff!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Riverwalk Guesthouse
Ranked #209 of 333 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We arrived very late from our bus (1am) and the staff we waiting for us with a welcoming smile.

The tuk tuk driver pretended he didnt know where it was and tried to take us to his mates GH but we politely insisted. When you turn down street 102 its on the left down a small, well lit alleyway.

They booked our onward travel to Siem Reap and even called and booked our hotel for us when I couldn't book it online.

The rooms are bright, spacious and clean, the bathrooms are clean and even have a .... shower curtain! First one I've seen in 4 months!

The location is perfect, set back from the hustle and bustle but 1 minute walk to the river.

Overall, a pleasant, clean place to stay in Phnom Penh.

Room Tip: Room 552 is lovely. There is a windowless room on the ground floor which I would avoid due to lack o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Smeegalpie
There are newer reviews for Riverwalk Guesthouse

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Do not judge this place on its facade, the entrance is a little lack-lustre but the rooms are clean and bright and new! New bathroom, no smelly or clogged drains, hot shower with good pressure. The riverview rooms have an unobstructed view of the river. The family owners are so friendly & helpful, they will organise your visa if you need.
Location is ok, on the edge of the town centre, we are active people so didn't mind walking everywhere. Many restaurants on the doorstep. Definitely stay here if you do not want to be in the centre of town but still want access to it.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and returned for 1 more night on our way back to Vietnam.

The first room we were given wasn't the nicest we had stayed in. There were ants all over the table and lizards in our bathroom so don't leave food out. Having said this, the people that ran the place we nice and friendly and arranged a tuk tuk driver for us for the day at a good rate who was lovely!

The second time we stayed was a much better experience. The room was clean and spacious and the tuk tuk driver recognised us and helped take our bags up to our rooms and offered to take us round again. The owners, once again were friendly.

Location was fantastic, walking distance the royal palace and other attractions with lots of nice places to eat a minutes walk away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in early Dec. We took a fan room, cheapest available - got a discount to make it 26USD for 2 nights. Clean, tidy, comfy double bed, good bathroom. No food served here, but doesn't matter. Very close to riverside area - everywhere you'll need for food and drink is a short walk away. Also a walk of 15 mins to Royal Palace and National Museum.
Downsides: cheaper available elsewhere; no hot water (it got luke-warm at best) and no window.
We would go again, just for location and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Get a window if pos. - no window is disorienting - can't tell what time of day it is!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The alley leading to the guest house is old and small. Nevertheless, the Double Deluxe Room with River View is superb. Good interior, spacious bathroom, comfortable bed, flat screen TV with more than 40+ different channels in Cambodian, Mandarin, English shows.

Room Tip: Try to stay at higher floor with River View if you want to have a better view of the river.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I had checked into a no-window room for myself. Not much complaints about this place - The manager of the place (a mother with 4 children I think) was friendly and brought me to the night markets on my third night here. The rooms were spacious and bright, flat screen tv, wardrobe and a spacious bathroom as well.

The only complaints would probably be some communication error between me and her as she did not speak English, so sometimes getting information from her may be difficult. Her daughter does come and out help during the weekends so if you're lucky to run into her, it might be easier for you.

Because the guesthouse is located near bars and pubs, I found it to be quite noisy at night as music can be heard playing into the wee hours in the morning, and her children will start screaming at around 6.30am to 7am which may irritate light sleepers like me.

If you don't have a problem with noise, this may be a place you can consider.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Literally 'stumbled' on this place.... was walking around and saw the sign.... went down the alley, following the signs, up one flight of stairs (all the way wondering where this place was buried), and was there. I was looking for another room (previous guesthouse was musty), and really couldn't believe how clean, modern, and convenient the room was. Stayed in the VIP Double City View which overlooks 104th Street with some bars and people below, but NOT a major road with alot of vehicular traffic (read: no horns a-beeping), and a lot quieter than other places I've looked at. Went looking at 3 or 4 other guesthouses in the area, but all were musty/moldy.... Riverwalk room was very fresh/clean and well kept. I stayed for two nights, and just returned after an excursion to Sihanoukville, and really glad to be back here (for 6 more nights). Great place to base out of and see the city's sights and just relax. Full bars on wifi; friendly and helpful staff; beverage selection at reception desk; laundry service; housekeeping; and all-in-all a great place to get away from the city while being in the city. Highly recommend Riverwalk Guesthouse for all of the above, and then there is the price/value.....it is unbeatable!! This is my home away from home, and I love it!! Note: if there weren't any ashtrays in the room, I'd say this is a 'non-smoking' room.... I'm very 'sensitive' to cigarette smoke, and there isn't any trace of it in this room nor reception area.

Room Tip: I have not ventured to the higher floors. VIP Double I'm in is just down the hall from receptio...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo