“Nice hotel in the heart of Phnom Penh, Friendly staff”

Luxury Boutique Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Luxury Boutique Guesthouse
Ranked #109 of 334 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I booked to stay at the Luxury Boutique hotel in my visit to Phnom Penh. They organised an airport pick up for me which was pretty reasonable priced. Upon arrival the check in was smooth. The staff seemed very friendly and couldn't seem to do enough for you which is always good. The room I booked was a double room with no window. The room was spacious the bathroom was fine. The no window room was quite nice as it was quiet on a night. The beds were clean and comfortable.

The hotel offers breakfast with the room, I did not try it but I have read comments it is pretty good. The hotel also has wifi which was a good signal throughout. The only thing I disliked about the hotel was the steps going up to room as there was no elevator. Not really an issue but if your not good with stairs I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

The location of the hotel is good for everything night and day.

Overall a pleasant stay at the Luxury Boutique Hotel the staff are very friendly and polite. It's clean and tidy and the air con is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I booked at this hotel as my colleague was staying here. I pre-booked two nights paid US 40 dollars per night. I had much longer to stay but definitely moved on.

1) Was given the room on the 4th floor, which is in fact, on the 6th floor, but imaginatively numbering makes it seem less daunting.
2) Disorganised staff - on reaching the "4th" floor, he had forgotten the key. When he got me a key and key stub (for the electrics, it had the wrong room number on it.)
3) Remote control was missing for the air-con (which could not be switched on otherwise) so had to run down again to ask for a replacement.
3) Ants all over the desk.
4) No housekeeping at all (too high a floor?) and therefore ants not taken care of.
5) No spare toilet roll.
6) No replacement water on the second day.
7) Breakfast is provided, but no real seating area to eat it. They put two makeshift tables in the small space in front of the reception desk, which means you are in the way of all guests moving in and out of the lobby. (Reason is because they decided to create a massage room instead of providing proper seating.)
8) Generally staff are either uninterested or disorganised, or massage boys are way too overt towards my male colleague in insisting on giving him a massage and grabbing his hand.

Some pros:
1) Fruit, scrambled eggs and hot baguette for breakfast was alright to eat.
2) Hot electric shower had good water pressure.
3) Located near the river front, not far from the Royal Palace.
4) Nice view from the balcony

I think if they had a humbler name and charged less, it would have been less annoying - but charging the same as a much higher quality boutique hotel creates expectations they cannot meet. Also, they should lose the massage room on the ground floor, it's unattractive, compared to other massage places, more expensive and actually, remove ordinary, reasonable comforts that a paying guest should have (ie. room to move in lobby without bumping into things, place to eat breakfast without being entirely uncomfortable).

Room Tip: Just go for a cheap, windowless room as the money just isn't worth it. If you're after a vie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 27thstring
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Preface: we are a backpacking couple who is money conscious, we try to find the cheapest yet best value accommodation.

At 10:30pm at night we were staying in a hostel (not named) that was so noisy we were going insane. They were having a party and set up sub woofers and everyone was drunk. The other guests in our room were noisy and packing their bags while sitting and laying on OUR beds. We randomly booked this hotel and left the hostel at 11:30pm. We were exhausted and showed up having booked the window-less room at LBH but were given a balcony room on the 4th floor. It was AMAZING. Clean, great bathroom and quiet. The next morning the woman who runs the place cooked us amazing french toast and we enjoyed many mangos :) They have helped us in so many ways and were so welcoming. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, it is great GREAT value!

Room Tip: Ask for the window balcony - the 4th floor was amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I can't understand the positive reviews here. This place is noisy, the staff were incredibly rude and the rooms are overprices.

Look, if you are staying in PP then you shouldn't be paying over 10 dollars with a small room with no window. Who in their right mind pays more to stay in a prison cell?

They showed me two rooms one with a window that was decent and one without a window that was small. We were traveling with a business translator so I needed two rooms. I told them I would only pay 10 dollars for the small room with no window. They got mad at me (over a 5 dollar discount) so I took my business elsewhere.

If you insist on staying here - negotiate - its not their "right" to have your business - its a privilege. After all you worked hard for your money, why waste it?

Room Tip: Higher up the better but be prepared for some serious exercise. Also, please for the love of, don...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Anthony_Close
Reviewed February 13, 2014

OK, the "terrible" reviews for this place are WAY WAY OFF! We stayed here twice, once in late January and once in mid February, each for 2 nights, and were perfectly happy with our stay. We paid ~$25 for our windowless room which was perfectly silent at night (if you spend more for a room with HUGE windows on a busy road... what the heck do you expect?!) We had hot water in the shower both times (were the other reviews using the actual hose from the hot water heater or the one right from the wall?) I think the issue of the other reviewers is a big, fat lack of common sense.

Breakfast was one of the best in Cambodia--you get 6 or so choices, with some of the best scrambled eggs (and warm baguettes) I've ever had. Plus a big fruit plate and a giant pot of tea! There's not a proper dining area downstairs, but they WILL find you a nice place to sit and eat if it gets crowded, even if they have to move tables or whatnot (there are 2 dedicated tables downstairs). One morning we had to leave for the bus at 7, and they woke up and made us breakfast at 6:30--much appreciated.

The bed is cozy & pillows comfortable; all of our linens were completely clean, plus there are fuzzy blankets in the armoire in the room. The wifi was fantastic (although we have have slowed it down by streaming the latest Walking Dead episode, lol). A/C worked fine. There were two sets of lights, one florescent and one a warmer-toned light dimmer switch. There, have I addressed all the ridiculous negatives in the other reviews?

Everyone here is super pleasant, and it's a GREAT place to land in Phnom Penh, as they can book bus tickets for you, change money, do laundry...even give you a massage! So, please take the 1 star reviews with a HEARTY serving of salt! It's a fine place from which to explore the city!

Room Tip: If you DON'T want noise, choose a room without windows; it's not as cave-y as you think.
3  Thank QiDoctor
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is run by a really nice family. It is super small but right on the river road (close to FCC if your driver can’t find it). The breakfasts are really good. The location is fantastic. The rooms were super clean and very comfortable. I’d have to recommend the rooms that don’t face the road as they might get loud. The hotel tries to do everything--travel agency (which they do well), massages, pedicures, etc--it’s actually nice to have everything at the hotel. We’ll surely stay there again when we’re passing through Phnom Penh…

The hotel does EVERYTHING! Travel/tour sales (very good!); massages; manicures/pedicures; money exchange; passport/visa services; etc; etc. It's truly a fantastic place to land if you're new to Phnom Penh or Cambodia. They're very helpful.

It's totally absurd/ridiculous that previous reviewers gave this a 1-star. Indeed, there are no table lamps--big deal! And indeed if you are overlooking the busiest road in Phnom Penh you will have street noise in your room--look at a map before booking it and avoid places on busy roads. If you have one of their rooms without an outward facing window it's COMPLETELY quiet. It's really a good value place.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

location great, near the royal palace just 10 minutes walking.
Main tourist streets located around, breakafast served on front road.
rooms well keeped, just if your soffer of soft sleep, is a problem, because teh ngiht time is busy and the front road release teh traffic noises...

Room Tip: book a room backside if you have sleep quality problem for noises
1  Thank toto196