“Good pizza let down by minimal effort”
Review of Bar Italia - CLOSED

Bar Italia
Vientiane, Laos
“Good pizza let down by minimal effort”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have been staying neat here for 5 months and eat out 3-4 nights a week. Having passed this place plenty times we decided to try it out. They only have one red and one white wine. I ordered the red and they brought me a glass of white after 10 minutes. After another 10 minutes a glass of red arrived ( there was only one other table taken in the whole place). The house red was acidic , thin and nasty - the worst wine I have tasted in a long time.

The pizza was very good - we eat pizza every week and seek out the thin base, fresh dough type and this was it. Plenty anchoivies and capers - very tasty. I did order additional pepperoni, which was written on the order sheet, but never arrived, but I let this go.

In summary - this place looks attractive, is airy with plenty plants, has nice seats and looks like somewhere you want to eat a pizza, and the pizza is good for sure, but the staff seem to be sleeping, and whoever thinks they can charge $3 for a small glass of the cheapest nasty cask wine needs to go to business class.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank bluecramp

Phuket, Thailand
“Couldn't get much better”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Was hanging for Italian food on last night in Cambodia & couldn't of got much better. We had Gnocchi & a pizza both were delicious & the Angkor beer on tap was perfect & cold. The staff are very friendly & attentive. Large menu to pick from & in a great location.

• Visited August 2013
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great service and food.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We chose to eat at bar italia three times during our stay in phnom penh. Lunch and dinner. Every little detail is thought of . The food quality is excellent, the staff friendly and the white wine is cold.

• Visited April 2013
Phnom Penh
“Just average”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A little pricey for what you get, by a dollar or two. Nothing special. I wouldn't make effort to go back.

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice break from the madness of PP.”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm in Phnom Penh for a month and have been here 5 or 6 times already and will keep going ( I live near there).
I've had lunch, afternoon drinks and dinner here and have not been disappointed yet.
There's a large menu of pizza and pasta, tried a few with my friends but my favorite is one of the specials, called designer pizza, the Indian curry pizza with chicken.
The dough is well cooked and the sauce is mouth watering and the chicken very nicely done as well.
The couple who owns the place constantly come up with new recipes so stop by and try one of them.
All of their pizzas come in two sizes and the staff can show you the sizes. I always opt for small but always end up wishing I got the big one instead.
Try also their Mini Mojitos and Café gourmand. Yummy.

Service is attentive. I also like the open kitchen/bar set up so that when they get busy you can always just eat at the bar. As far as I'm concerned, this place is money well spent.