The hotel is well located and has good potential; the pool was nice, the rooms were decent and the Manager was friendly, helpful and obviously concerned about us, but I wouldn't stay here again.
1. The bathroom 'window' was a large hole in the wall (possibly due to some quite serious & slightly smelly damp), which meant that we were vulnerable to mosquitos and were woken up in the night by a nearby crying baby. As we were on the 1st floor we were probably safe from intruders but I didn't feel very comfortable.
2. Although they were provided when we asked, upon arrival our room didn't have the basics like a safe, enough towels or water or a hairdryer.
3. There was internet in the reception/pool area but in our room it was intermittent at best.
4. The Manager spoke good English but the reception staff didn't, so we had to spend time explaining the time and date we wanted to leave for the airport and (according to the taxi driver they still got it slightly wrong). Also, when we asked them about a tuk tuk, they went to organise it and we thought they had negotiated a good price, but later realised that they seemed to accept the 1st (high) price the driver offered and we would probably have been better off organising it ourselves.
5. Breakfast was relatively substantial but the options were v. limited; baconx2, eggsx2, baguette (once covered in ants), fruit & juice started to get a bit tedious.
I haven't stayed in any other Phnom Penh hotels, so I'm not sure of the value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 450 m from Independence Monument, Villa Borann offers accommodations in Phnom Penh. It features an outdoor swimming pool and guests can enjoy meals at the in-house restaurant or have a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property. it is 600 m to Wat Langka and Wat Botum Park. The Royal Palace and Chaktomouk Conference Hall 2 are 1 km away, while the National Museum is 1.6 km away. Phnom Penh International Airport is 11.2 km from the property. Airport transfers are available at additional charges. Fitted with a balcony offering views of the garden/pool, air-conditioned rooms are equipped with a personal safe, a flat-screen cable TV with DVD player, seating area and tea/coffee making facilities. En suite bathrooms come with hot and cold shower, along with free toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa Borann reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.