“Probably overpriced”

Ranked #100 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
London, United Kingdom
“Probably overpriced”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at this place for 4 nights. Good impression from outside, nice veranda facing the street.

But the room was a tad dirty, with hair and dirt underneath the bed and some of the furniture, which we cleaned up ourselves.
Besfes this the room was fine, with a nice bathroom and good AC.

Breakfast was included and was really satisfactory.

The drawbacks were the intermittent Internet signal and the puzzled faces of the staff when we asked for information regarding visas for Vietnam. Apparently every other guesthouse in Phnom Penh provides this service.

Therefote, we were generally satisfied, even though they could charge a bit less, especially if they want to keep on cleaning the room that way.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Booked online for 10 nights... The room is clean, bed comfy, and if you don't mind being kept awake until the early hours by the karaoke bar across the road, you might enjoy the hotel - it's relatively handy. Expect intermittent internet service - it was broken for a day and since then, I can rarely log in (it's taken me 30 mins to connect, and about 20 attempts this time). The staff tell me it's working fine, but it's not. The included breakfast is very average.

Worst of all - it's now the wet season and tiles outside the rooms get very wet when it rains, as do the stairs that you use to get to the ground floor....today, despite taking a great deal of care on the tiles, I slipped and fell and have injured my shoulder and arm....I told the staff and they either didn't understand, or care. The tiles are a serious hazard. I'm checking out tomorrow.

Room Tip: try to get one downstairs, away from the killer staircase and tiles, and the noisy karaoke
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Robbie2604

Travelers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

london
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I never really write reviews but feel I need to warn people about this hotel. When arriving at the hotel the Suite Home Boutique gives a great first impression, trendy bar, comfy seats, a cold glass of juice while waiting to check in, all good so far. After finishing our drink we were then shown to our room (be prepared...ridiculously steep stairs, no lift! Not good with a backpack!). At first glance the room looked ok for the price we were paying. As we were not in Phnom Penh for long, we dumped the bags and quickly headed out. Later on we returned about 10.45pm (not late), this is when the problems started! The entire hotel was closed, a shutter had been pulled down and there was no window to look through to get anyones attention. My partner proceeded to bag on the shutter...nothing, he carried on for 5 more minutes when eventually a member of staff opened the shutter to let us in. So if you plan on staying out until after 10pm, be prepared! Entering the room, what can I say...DISGUSTING! There was hair everywhere! Bathroom floor, bedroom floor, all on the bed...no exaggeration! Closely I inspected the bed and noticed a few little bugs running round on the bed, a small blood stain on the sheet and several other marks that looked like make up...eewwww. My partner went straight down to reception to complain but couldn't find anyone. Luckily we had our sleeping bags with us so out they came and off to sleep we went. In the morning, we got up super early to head to the 'Killing Fields' as we were heading off later that day. Our plan was to check out when we returned. Arriving back at the hotel at 11.15am, I noticed our room door was open (by the way massive gap under the door), inside was the cleaner...hard to believe I know! I found it strange that the cleaner was in our room before we had checked out. Anyway, she left promptly and we entered to gather our stuff together. Now this is what shocked me the most....there was the same clump of black hair in the bathroom, sheets had not be changed as all the stains were still there, 2 more bugs appeared, hair on the bedroom floor and bed...what had the cleaner been doing in our room? Fortunately we were only there for one night!

It seems we had the same experience as the reviewer (Lenny820704). We travelled round SEA for 3 weeks, we stayed in a lot of budget hotels, Suite Home Boutique was by far the worst!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Hotel rooms look nice in the pictures on the Internet but the reality is totally different experience. Rooms are dirty with cockroaches and bed bugs. Downstairs is italian restaurant playing loud music till late. Internet is very slow. My bed sheets were dirty with bed bugs and when I requested to change my room, they put me in the room without window. Overall it was a horrible experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed there 3 nights with my boyfriend and I don't regret my choice.

First of all, the location is ideal, 10min from Royal Palace and 15 min from the Quay which means you can visit Central Phnom Penh very easily without having to spend on tuk tuk.

The room was amazing, very design and incredibly confortable bed. We paid 81$ for those 3 nights which is really good for a room of this quality.

The restaurant is delicious too, we had lasagnas and cheese pastas with a tomatoes and mozarella apetizer. The breakfast is free, not a buffet but you can choose on the menu. Their pancakes were amazing!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Phnom Penh.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kazakhstan
Reviewed June 4, 2013

1. The best location : the Royal Palace and the National Museum just around the corner.
2. The pritty helpful staff: they could help you with everything.
3. The beautiful various breackfast, you will enjoy it.
4. The hotel is located close to the Cental Market and different shops. If you are the fanat of fruts you will like it.
5. The hotel is not big, so everuone could have enough attention.

Zhanna

Room Tip: I am joking about the swimming pool because they haven't it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
sydney
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked for 4 nights at the Plantation, stayed for one night, then moved to this hotel for 3 nights. I stayed in room 204 on the second floor with a privated balcony facing the street.
The hotel only starts operating since March 2013. The location is fantastic - just behind the Royal Palace across the street. The walk to the waterfront is the best in Phnom Penh - you stroll along the street which runs along the side of the Royal Palace, no traffic with just a few people and bicycles, mature tropical trees shade you most of the way.
My room is great - a normal comfortable queen bed (I prefer this bed to that of the Plantation where they have a raised concrete platform and a very low bed sits on the platform. I find it very uncomfortable to get on and off the bed, also it is a hazard because I knocked my shine against the concrete platform a couple of times) with all the usual facilities: TV, fridge, air-cond, a steel safe, a wardrobe space with unlocked wooden hangers. It is however a bit small, but I have my balcony to sit outside. The bathroom is great - very clean. Only the street-facing rooms can claim a private balcony. The other rooms have a wrap-around public balcony.
At $35 a night, it's a steal as I paid $100 at the Plantation. I go for a swim at the Plantation in the afternoon.
The people who work there are asolutely wonderful.
I enjoyed my times very much at this hotel.
This is my hotel in Phnom Penh.

Room Tip: A street-facing room (Mine was 204. I think the one just below is 104).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo