“Good quality food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I passed by here looking for lunch and had their blue cheese burger. Everything was good quality - the burger was lean, tasty and lightly cooked - obviously home made, and the bread fresh. The waitresses spoke excellent English and were professional. Prices are no more or less than anywhere else equivalent in the area but quality definitely stood out.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I wasn't expecting to eat Italian food on this trip, but a friend and I stopped at the Opera Cafe for a quick bite before catching a bus. I couldn't resist getting the homemade pumpkin ravioli with butter and sage sauce. It was delicious. Followed it up with the best coffee I've had yet on this trip. It was a very satisfying meal!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The food is quite good, at least what my friends and I have tried so far. The cocktails could use a lot of improvement, but the beer is cold. The service is maybe a bit better than average. The real highlight is when the Japanese co-owner signs a few arias. This happens around 8pm -9pm on Friday nights, and possibly other days too. I just wish she sang more. She is really good.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I happened to walk by this place when looking for a place to get lunch and it looked very nice so why not? It's very high quality in both food and service. They had imported water from Italy and this was exactly what I wanted. The place itself is rather nice and it's clean. I liked it.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I were looking to kill 30 minutes before seeing the evening dances at the National Museum and decided to stop by the Opera Cafe for coffee and dessert. What a wonderful place it is! We listened to Louis Armstrong while chatting with the Italian owner, Joseph. The espresso was excellent, and the cafe has exactly the sort of stimulating yet relaxed bohemian vibe that makes for excellent conversation. Good coffee, good desserts, and a discount (when we were there) if you had museum tickets. Red walls. Comfortable furniture. If we lived here, we would be eating here a lot.