“Nice relaxing hotel with pleasant pool area”
Review of TeaHouse

TeaHouse
Ranked #16 of 281 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Booked the hotel through Agoda from the comments and wasn't disappointed. Arrived via mini bus from Seam Reap and the Hotel was quite near to where I was dropped off. The reception is allocated via a small bridge and is open plan. Was welcomed with a complementary drink and was given a deluxe room as they informed me the hotel was quiet. My room had a super size bed walk in shower TV fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. The staff were so helpful and when using the internet the reception staff turned the fan on for me. When I asked about getting about the town one staff member gave me a map and circled all the places of interest and the cost of hiring a Tuktuk. The only thing negative is the male staff in the restaurant must have taken a dislike to me and made me wait for drinks and was last to be served with eggs for although I was before other people. The last thing they did for me was to give me a meal of noodles which caused me to have a bad stomach and I'd decided to eat in the hotel to avoid this very thing. In all honesty I really didn't like Phnom Phen maybe it was because Siem Reap was such a lovely place it was a hard act to follow. There are lots of really nice Restaurants along the riverside serving every type of food.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank GS2013_13
thepavilion, Owner at TeaHouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest, I am very sorry about the issue with the restaurant staff. Will keep an eye on them! Cheers, Alexis

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Spent three days in TeaHouse hotel and have to say, it was absolutely delightful. Rooms nice, clean and quite spacious, pool surrounded by green plants feels something like a little oasis and staff is very friendly. Best experience though was with tuk tuk drivers. Especially man called Pal, his number on the tuk tuk is 007 and he is just the best. Very kind and helpful, generally very happy man, even grateful for money we paid for his services. Invited us for beers with his friends one night and it was one of the best nights in whole Cambodia trip. Just can´t recommend it enough. Thank you, TeaHouse hotel people!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I loved staying at The Teahouse. The staff are so helpful and friendly, the decor is fresh and the rooms are clean and comfortable. For me the icing on the cake was the pool area where we enjoyed cocktails served by very attentive staff during happy hour. The hotel is in a good position with tuk tuks available at all hours for reasonable prices. If I am in Phnom Penh again I will definately stay at The Teahouse.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JUDET3
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It was a pleasure stay at teahouse, even for just a night. The tuktuk drivers we met are very friendly and genuine. They have a fix rate chart right outside the hotel too!

The design of the hotel is like a chinese tea garden, with plenty of old boxes of how tea leaves were stored in the old days. Pretty place for photo-taking.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GackyL
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have to caveat this by saying this is the only hotel at this price range that I stayed at in Cambodia so now idea how it compares elsewhere.

Lovely hotel, great reception area, handy tuktuks at reasonable prices outside the hotel. Lovely rooms, friendly staff, safe luggage room.

Don't by the lemon juice though - I don't care if it's the Ritz $3 for a lemon juice was a joke!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We reserved this hotel three months in advance.
We sent an email, two or three days before arrival, asking questions about how to get to the hotel and got a very nice email in response.
When we arrive the gentleman at the reception says there was a mistake in their booking system and we have to go to another hotel. We refuse and ask for an explanation and they still insisted it was a mistake and that we must go to the other hotel.
I understand that problems can happen, what I don’t understand is why they don’t tell us in advance. We choose this hotel for the localization, the pool, the breakfast and we were very exciting to go there so we didn’t want any other hotel.
In the end we were tired of arguing and decided to accept the other hotel, which was far from the centre and not so nice.
In all a very bad experience with this hotel and very disappointing.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
thepavilion, Owner at TeaHouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Very sorry about this double booking that our software allowed to happen. The company running this booking system apologized to us but the damage was already done... They promised us the issue was solved on their side. Keeping fingers crossed that it would not happen again!

Cheers,

Alexis

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I spent a very nice time in this elegant and quiet hotel in the center of Pnom Penh. The service was very charming, the room spacious , all accommodations for a business traveler at the level and working, very good breakfast included in a very good hotel rate for Phnom Penh.
My overall impression is one of elegance.

Room Tip: Higher floors ( 4th ) has the less street noise