“Surprising Driver in Siem Reap”

Angkor Header Driver Day Tours
Ranked #39 of 130 Tours in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is CHANTRY driver Speaking English and Chines. I have been a driver guide for many years in Angkor Archaeological Park and other tourism sites around Angkor. Our services have been prepared with the needs of all travelers in mind. I try to provide exciting and amazing tours for independent adventurers
Singapore, Singapore
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Surprising Driver in Siem Reap”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We spent our 3 days on holiday in Siem Reap in January; the first day, we paid for a guided tour of Angkor Wat and a few other temples. The tour was good, but I felt the guide spent too much time relating the history of the Hindu and Buddhist religions, and didn't tell us enough about the ruins. For the next two days, we managed to get a tuk-tuk driver Chantry Koeurn through our hotel, and he was amazingly helpful and made our trip really enjoyable. On hindsight, we got more value for money by going with Chantry than the normal tour guide. I highly recommend both first time and repeat visitors to try out his services by booking at his website.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank SYKN

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Guide and Driver”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I am from Singapore and had the pleasure of having Chantry as my driver in December 2012. We came as a group to run medical clinics in Battambang town & its villages. Chantry proved himself to be a most capable driver and friend. He was attentive to our needs, always considerate and constantly cheered us with his jokes. Even when driving on dirt roads without signposts, he always skillfully guided us to remote villages where we could serve the villagers. He also brought us around the villages and shared with us first-hand the local culture which only a local like him can do. I always found him to be honest and you can trust him whole-heartedly. He was also a fantastic guide in Siem Reap!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank nuttylogic
Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Friendly, careful, honest and reliable – a driver like a friend”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I am European, from Vienna, Austria. In September 2009 and July 2011 my wife and me spent holidays in Siem Reap, Cambodia. We did all transports with Mr. Chantry. I was impressed by his absolute honesty, reliability, by his modesty and politeness, his care about our wishes and needs and his cheerful friendliness. Since 2009 we stay in contact almost monthly or more often by e-mail in English language. Through the years a real deep friendship developed, also to his family. By our frequent e-mail contact we do an exciting Cambodian-European exchange of our thoughts, hopes and worries about our every days live and about the world. We learn a lot from each other.

As a result of this contact meanwhile Mr. Chantry is familiar also with European – or “Western” – attitudes and customs.

Mr. Chantry is one of these rare drivers who do not put you under stress and who do not urge you to do anything. He accompanies his guests in a silent, modest, polite and charming way, which gives a very relaxed feeling. However, if you wish to hear, he will have lots of ideas what to do on a nice holiday in the Siem Reap area.

After having a very poor childhood himself, Mr. Chantry is also engaged in helping others. If you go on tour with him, part of his income will go as a support to poorer people in his family and village surrounding.

We absolutely recommend Mr. Chantrys services to everyone visiting Siem Reap. He is one of the best drivers and guides we ever met on holidays in Asia.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank WolfgangMWien
Chengdu, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great service and nice guy”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Chantry was the nicest guy I ever met in Siem Reap and brought a lot of pleasure during my 5 days trip. He was very thoughtful for his client and always followed client's need. We had a wonderful trip in SIem Reap and had very different travel experience in Cambodia. I am surely will recommend him to my friends, which I am doing now.

Visited January 2012