“We truly enjoy our stay!!!”

La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
HK
“We truly enjoy our stay!!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We very much enjoy our stay at La Rose. Nicely decorated! Very clean. Very friendly staff! Good location! Nice foods (especially the La Rose Salad. We had four in two days.) Nice Spa! Can't find anything negative here. They run the hotel with passion. We will for sure stay here again next time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Lovely little hotel, really friendly staff - I was staying in one room with my two brothers and they bent over backwards to make sure we were as comfortable as possible without us even having to ask. Great food too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at La Rose Boutique Hotel for three nights in early October. We loved it. The staff was wonderful. We ate a number of meals in their restaurant. Food was reasonably priced and delicious. We enjoyed every meal. We also had three spa treatments. All were as good or better than we have had in the US and at a much more reasonable price. We would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who would like to experience an authentic Cambodian hotel (not US chain hotel).

We'd love to return some day!

Wayne, Mary & Erika

• Stayed October 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Nice boutique hotel with very skilful and attentive staff and a great general manager who really cares for his guests. The location is not quite as convenient to the Palace and town centre as some other hotels but the rooms are good and quiet and the guests are very nicely looked after.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is my first time staying in this boutique hotel in Phnom Penh. I used to stay at White Mansion Hotel and Naga World Hotel.

Well, I reached the hotel on 17 Oct at about 1.30pm and was greeted by their staffs with smiling faces. Their GM, Mr Many Young came to me and extended his warm welcome to me as well. My check-in was fast and hassle-free. Since I have some spare time before my meeting at 5pm, I have a short chat with him. All I can say that he is a well-trained personnel who does knows his work well. Thumbs up for him and his friendly staffs.

I've been traveling a fair bit for the past few months and my body's complaining to me. Therefore, I decided to try their in-house massage and it was awesome - no regrets at all. My whole body feels so relax and good. Their massage charges are relatively reasonable.

Having said that, I also wish to compliment Mr Many Young and his staffs for arranging my transportation to the Airport at a shortest time, considering that I have mixed up my flight timing. Their driver is so skilful on the road and ensured that I can reach the Airport on time. Splendid!!!

Lastly, I will definitely recommend this hotel to my fellow colleagues and friends in Singapore.

Room Tip: Get their deluxe room with massage bed and get them to light up the aromatic oil burner.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We booked at La Rose because of all the good revues we saw on tripadvisor. How disappointing we were. The room was not ready on time for us to check in. The staff looked adorable but the level of professionalism and English were not sufficient to understand our requests and help us book hotel in Siem reap. Breakfast was ok, room ok but not what you expect for that price.

I am expecting a rude answer from management as I saw in the other bad review but I have to say that for my taste this hotel is missing something, it is too cold, no soul in this place. For the same price there is much better choice in Phnom penh.

Taking the tuk tuk to access the pool is not really convenient.
We didn't try the spa.
We will not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vincent B
Ridaya R, Manager at La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Experience has taught us a lot to deal with our guests with sympathy. We have never ever attempted to disregard any comment. If you were a guest, we're deeply sorry and to bad to hear that, but it wasn't true. However, we're really sorry to say again that we don't have your name in our booking record, and we didn't have any single guest from Ukrain to stay with us since we were opening. Please show us your booking info if you would like to see us improve your point.

Since La Rose has opened its door, we have never had any uncleaned, unfinished room for our guests or have never allowed such thing to happen, except someone that never experience with us, but just a competitor who always trying to downgrade our listing. Room is always ready for check in and we very carefully manage for check in and check out process. There is zero change to allow such thing to occur and we have never had one.

Our staff is well trained by PSE NGO in hospitality and they are well recognized. Of course they are vulnerable people and not a native but their language is very well understood and communicable with guest, they aren't fluent the way some people expect, but in term of serving guests, they do it from their heart. They were from the miserable children graduated from Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE), which in English means “For a Child’s Smile”. As an international non-government organization born in Cambodia in 1995, they have a commitment to lift children out of misery and to give them the best chances to access the finest jobs. This organization rescues children from the dumps, helping them to acquire a skill and a job to ensure their own definitive survival, for them and their family. La Rose is a Corporate Social Responsibility business.

It seems like you are more than ready to hear a rude reply, we couldn't complaint though because creating TA account won't take that great patient and go in to comment and degrade other isn't that hard for people.

Let's reader read all attacking reviews and our management response and use their sense. Hopefully, reality will take lead and defeat misleading information and bad attempt.
Wels, Austria
Reviewed October 10, 2013

A fantastic hotel with a worm welcome and a exclent service and all the romms are different so you cane choose what ever you want. La Rose is lokated very central not so fare from all place of interest. Over all a fantstic stay at the La Rose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business