“Amazing small hotel near centre of Phnum Penh”

La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
“Amazing small hotel near centre of Phnum Penh”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff were very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed while we stayed there. The rooms are decorated to a high specification especially the bathroom which was amazing. The only problem was that we only stayed one night

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Adventureluxury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights as a single, women traveler. The hotel couldn't be lovelier and safer. The manager was very attentive and knew my name each time I walked in asking how my day had been. The massages were superb. Truly the best I've had in Asia and I live in Manila. The hotel is not on the main stretch at the river but it is a 15-20 minute walk to the museum and if you like to walk it's an easy walk. To the river nightlife it's a $3 tuk tuk. Very easy, just take a map with you to get back as most tuk tuk drivers do not know where anything is.
Overall the service was great, breakfast was good, the bed was very comfortable, and I really enjoyed my stay here. I traveled for 16 days throughout Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand and this was by far my favorite hotel. Also, the staff is made up of locals in need of jobs that they trained and employed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! Lastly, note there is no elevator but there are only 3 stories and the staff carried my luggage.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ann J
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Give yourself a break from the real world and step into an oasis of calm beauty. I was so impressed with this amazing boutique hotel. It is five star in every sense of the word - excellent wine selection, 24 hour room service, impeccable staff, and of course, the amazing Mr. Many. As soon as I stepped in the door, I was transported! When I come down to breakfast in the morning, the staff has a special place reserved for me. The spa services were some of the best I have had in Phnom Penh and Mr. Many and his charming colleagues will go to any length to assist a guest in having the perfect stay. My room was large and beautifully furnished, the menu is diverse and freshly prepared, the décor of the hotel has a very luxurious feel. What can I say - it is the Perfect Escape. Mr. Many knows and understands hospitality and is an invaluable resource for your stay in Cambodia. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a lovely room with a massage table and a window overlooking the busy street, but y...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank cgpllc
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a tricky one to grade, because the service was excellent, but the money you pay for a small building that is on a main road, with no greenery, garden, views, or special rooms, cannot be rated as highly as it is in the TA.
I come very often to Phnom Penh, and the choice of boutique hotels are abundant. Some excellent at half the price. Thinking I would splurge, I regretted it.
You come into the restaurant from the main street. All concrete, with such an echo noise, that nothing makes it cozy. Then to access rooms, you go up steep concrete stairs, and reach a room of decent size, cheap furniture and no soul.
Sorry, but you have to adjust your prices to reflect your offering.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
10 Thank Baldi1974
Ridaya R, Manager at La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Initially, we would take this comment seriously. We would like to understand the nature of the problem and would like to request your specific check–in and check-out date at La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa via our E-mail: relax@larose.com.kh. Frankly speaking, we've attempted quite enough sorting and searching but we still could not find any name from Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates staying with us as stated by you in our guest booking list this year.

All of the untruthful information is intended to degrade our ranking and it sounds like you are one of our jealous competitors who try to downgrade our reputation for the same business.

Anyway, if you were really our guest, we would like to thank you for coming to stay at our place and we do appreciate your comments on the Trip Advisor. One thing we would like to share with you is that you do not have a proper concept of what is called as a Boutique Hotel & Spa, it does not need to be a big place, it is more private, it is more like home, it is like a family home with a personal touch and care, meaning the number of rooms could be more or less than 10 and property is designed for comfort and privacy. It seems that you failed to admire what we are and don't understand our concept! Moreover, it looks even more doubtful when a number of 35 opinions rated us never less than 4 star even the least ones, except that when you expressed your very strong unappreciated opinion. With your comments, it looks to us as if you were looking for a big business hotel with many people around and your rating on Trip Advisor does not look so fair for our place.

We listed all description and along with the number of pictures best describing who we are and what we offer, and it seems like your comment reflects nothing describing La Rose and disregard every detail posted.

All of the guests stayed with us and rated us Excellent. Even our building is not very big, but in the whole areas, both exteriors and interiors are all well decorated. All the guests ‘rooms are well appointed and equipped with quality stuff and full of decoration, furniture second to none, as well as the services given. We always ensure that all the guests are well looked after and well treated while staying at our place and we are always ready to deal with any problems occurred.

You should think wisely before rating a property you have stayed!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Recently spent four nights at La Rose Boutique Hotel and loved it. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. The hotel is small, something like 10 rooms. It also has a spa which we didn't have time to try, but will make time on our next trip. We had a nice breakfast every morning; they offer both Western and Asian choices, and had a couple of good dinners there too. Our room was well appointed and the bathroom included both a nice shower and a tub. There was a massage table in the room. WiFi was included and worked well. On a map, La Rose does not appear to have the best location, but if it did it would probably cost twice as much. And with tuk-tuk rides only a couple of dollars that can take you to any part of the city, the location was no problem at all for us. Will definitely plan on staying there the next time we return to Phnom Penh.

Room Tip: We were in room 101 which faces the street. The windows appeared to be double glazed so we were nev...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave C
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've been to La Rose spa last January, and I was so impressed by the services they offered! The staffs were very well trained and the place was so beautiful! The restaurant was also really great. They had wide selection of food and a reasonable price. I look forward to go back to that place again soon!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Deanida
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have to say Excellent for this hotel. I had a business trip to Phnom Penh last Friday, and stayed at this boutique one.
Welcomed me at the lobby is the very nice GM - Mr.Many. He and all the staff here took very best care of me during my staying. The smile is always on their face whenever you see them. I also know that almost the staff here are miserable children graduated from a charity school in Cambodia, where they were taught the skill and job to earn for living. This help me to think that I personally contributed something to them.
The room and facilities are very nice. Private shower and large bathtub. The big and soft bed gave me a very good sleep. I also chose a spa treatment within variety of treatment styles, and I must say wonderful ! They are so professional ! If you stay here, you should try once.
The small lovely restaurant served very good food, even I tried Cambodian or Western food.

If you are looking for a boutique hotel, with good spa and food, with nice and friendly staff, you should try La Rose. I highly recommend it !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business