“Limitless hospitality”

Ranked #6 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Singapore, Singapore
“Limitless hospitality”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I arrived exhausted from work and hadn't had 2 seconds to read up for my trip. Not to worry, La Rose's manager, Vothy was on hand to educate and cater to my every need. He recommended an itinerary, arranged drivers, massages and even booked my onward flight to Siem Reap in a 2 minute phone call.
My room was beautiful and quiet and the bed extremely comfortable. The food here is great too: The green vegetable curry one of the most aromatic I have had and the spa had me in relaxed mode in a few hours.
My only build for this gem of a boutique hotel is for all the staff to have a slightly better grasp of English.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Brilliant stay. New place so a bit of a work in progress.
Spa was excellent... rooms are comfortable, roomy and gives a touch of elegance.

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Ensures no stone is unturned to make your visit a memorable experience.

Highly recommended and a good distance from all the attractions.

Room Tip: Only a few rooms (03-04 rooms) so no real difference. Second Floor will always be better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had the good fortune to stay here by accident, which turned out incredibly well. The luxuriousness of the place was amazing, and room prices were extremely modest for the level of comfort and service provided by the caring and professional staff including the manager who was brilliant. I have honestly never stayed at a place quite like it, with the clean exclusive rooms with luxury fittings, delicious food and professional massage spa treatments I enjoyed twice whilst I was there. I have already recommended it to my family and am certain to return....I suppose I better be balanced and say what I didn't like....but can't really think of any tbh!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I only inadvertenly stayed at this hotel, due to being unable to source other accommodation in Phnom Penh on arrival.

However it was tremendously fortuidous as not only were the physical facilities superb, but the service was welcoming. It made me and my friend feel as if I we were at a friend's place, rather than a hotel.

The manager went above and beyond in assisting my travel in Cambodia and also in celebrating my birthday. Do yourself a favour and have a look at 'La Rose' if you visit PP.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were in Cambodia during the South East Asian summit and most of the standard and 4 star hotels in Phnom Penh were booked. After a horrible experience at another hotel, we were SO fortunate to find this wonderful boutique hotel! When we came across this hotel on Agoda, we were a little skeptical as there were no reviews at the time, but upon our arrival, we found that they just opened in November 2012. We are so happy we came across this place!

LOCATION

Great location in Phnom Penh! Close to the National Monument, Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda, and shopping! :)

WIFI

Yes, they have free wifi! :)

STAFF

The staff here were so delightful! From the moment you step into the hotel, you are greeted with warm smiles. The manager, Rithy, was sensational. He was very knowledgeable and made sure our stay was more than wonderful. We can't thank him enough!

ROOMS

The rooms are beautifully decorated. Beds are really comfortable (not always an easy find at some of the other hotels). Linens are clean. There is air conditioning, coffee/tea/bottled water, a safe in the room, flat screen tvs and room phones (believe it or not, some of the other hotels/motels we stayed at didn't have a phone). They even have a welcome fruit basket for you to enjoy!

The bathrooms are modern and stylish. Very zen, I would say. Details at this place were not overlooked. They have huge tubs and stand up showers with large, powerful shower heads. Good water pressure is a plus! One of our rooms even had a steamroom, in the room!

We were told the owner picked out all the decor and furnished everything in the hotel! GREAT JOB!

FOOD

On top of all of that, the onsite restaurant is DELICIOUS! From the drinks to the food, everything exceeded our expectations! The macchiatos are by far the best we have ever had anywhere. We still talk about them (usually when we are standing in line at Starbucks back home here in the States)! We had quite a few dishes at the restaurant and they were all wonderful! Curry beef, ginger chicken, fish amok, Tom Yum soup, fresh vegetable spring rolls, sauteed mushrooms, steaks, potatoes, salad (yes, I ate raw vegetables in Cambodia without any issues, but this is the only placed I dared to take the chance)...the list goes on and on! Good prices for GREAT food! I can't remember the name of the non-alcoholic drink we had (I think it was maybe called "Cool mint breeze"), but it was SUPERB! I highly recommend trying it! If you want something with a kick, I enjoyed the lychee martini. I was traveling with a group of 7 people and EVERYONE loved the food. I should also mention that this place includes a complimentary breakfast with your stay that you can either enjoy in your room or at the restaurant. They have a nice size menu with both western and traditional Khmer options.

Even if you decide to stay at another hotel, I would definitely recommend dropping by for lunch/dinner or even drinks! It will be well worth it!

SPA

The spa was very relaxing. Prices like this can't be found anywhere in the States! They have a variety of packages to choose from as well as a vast array of a la carte massages/treatments. The spa is impeccably clean and the massage rooms are quite relaxing. There was a young woman, who I believe may have been the manager of the spa (If you read this review, I apologize for not remembering your name; I should have written this sooner), who was extremely wonderful and spoke English very well. She was very helpful and really took the time to talk to us. She let us into her life and became a part of ours, even if for only a short time, she made an ever lasting impression.

If you don't decide to stay here, but you are looking for a spa in the city, this is the place to go! :) You will not regret it!

NOTE: This boutique hotel has a very limited number of rooms, but having said that, this allows the hotel to give it's customers the utmost attention, and trust me, they do everything they can to ensure you have a wonderful stay. I'd like to mention that we stayed at another VERY popular hotel in Phnom Penh and paid more at that hotel, but after all was said and done, it truly paled in comparison to La Rose!

When we return to Phnom Penh, which we will...we are DEFINITELY going to stay here again! Thank you, La Rose Boutique & Spa!

Room Tip: Rooms that have a window that point out toward the front of the hotel have great sunlight!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Khembodia
Ridaya R, Front Office Manager at La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Alexandria,

Good morning from Phnom Penh, Cambodia!

On behave of Management Team, we would like to express our profound thank that you shared your wonderful experience with us and took great amount of time to write a review!

We are very delightful to have such a positive feedback. Your constructive feedback is as important to us as to other independent travelers. We usually say "there are always rooms from improvement" and your review help us empty those rooms bit by bit :-)

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Kingdom of Wonder and of course to La Rose Boutique & Spa.

Warmest regards,