“Great food and staff”
Review of Pho24

Pho24
Ranked #1,022 of 1,910 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Description: Vietnamese Noodle concept plus other Asian variety all-day-dining menu. Most importantly, it is Halal certified.
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

It was a food stall instead of a restaurant. There are other stalls beside it. When I entered, I was greeted by the staff and menu was brought to the table. He was also there to recommend you some dishes or explain to you if you are unsure. Well verse in English and the order came quick.

The staff also provided me with their personal account for WiFi for me to use. It was a sweet gesture. I was so touch that I gave him a tip!

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed March 12, 2017

We use the airport a lot and recently we've been trying this pho chain restaurant a few times.

We ordered chicken pho 3 times.

First time the soup taste was great (not too herby, chicken broth was good, taste was strong enough to our liking), chicken was well cooked, and onions were sliced very thin and not over cooked, but the noodle portion was surprisingly small!

Second time was the same. Good taste but even for us Asian women we thought the portion was not enough for one decent meal.

Third time we asked for more noodles. It seems like the staff weren't too comfortable with English but they understood and increased the portion for us. Sadly this time the soup was not as good as before; less taste and lighter broth. Maybe the taste difference was temporary...?

Comparatively, we would say that the price is set high (Phnom Penh standards) considering the size of the portion.

Their iced coffee with condense milk is rather similar to those we've had in Vietnam! So far we haven't come across any as good as this place.

Considering that this store is at an international airport, it would be better if they train the staff in English, or hire more fluent English speakers.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

We ate here while waiting for a flight and it was a bad decision. We ordered the seafood hor fun that neither looked appetizing nor tasted like the hor fun we had in Singapore. All of this with a small portion for a whopping $6.50. We also ordered the shrimp spring rolls that tasted weird - the rice paper roll was so chewy! Not coming here again, that's for sure.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed July 28, 2016

I have eaten at this place many times over the years (the south central location, near build bright university) and it has gradually gotten worse. The price keeps going up while the portions get smaller and for some reason the soup has lost its flavor. The past two times I have went, both in July 2016, the broth was basically just boiled water. No flavor at all. There is also not much noodles or beef. They also don't serve with spicy chilis, just a couple slivers of mild ones. I was hungry again after one hour. Phnom Penh is not great for pho but most places around are better and cheaper. I won't be going back again.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed December 18, 2015

I was stuck at the airport all day and ended up having a 2nd lunch. Pho24 doesn't look like much from the outside, but at least it isn't Burger King or Dairy Queen. Never can figure out why people travel halfway around the world and end up eating the same mediocre stuff
Anyhoo, I ordered Pad Thai, not expecting too much of a Thai dish cooked in a Cambodian Airport restaurant.
Best Pad Thai I have ever eaten (No, I have not yet been in Thailand ;-(

Cost: $5.50. I love being pleasantly surprised ;-).

Service was on the downside. When I came in and had sat at my table for a few minutes I actually asked people at the next table whether I had to order at the counter, an impression formed when seeing 4 waiting staff lazily leaning against the kitchen counter and not moving towards me. But then I don't want to know what the minimum wage is in Cambodia!

Date of visit: December 2015