“Decent noodles, dodgy service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Noodle House

Noodle House
Ranked #204 of 1,404 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian, Soups, Cambodian, Chinese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent noodles, dodgy service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

I have tried this place twice. On both occassions I had noodle soup, which was pretty decent. It wasn't excellent but it was better than other noodle places I have tried in Phnom Penh. On the first occasion, when the waiter brought the bill, it was more expensive than the price quoted on the menu. I tried to ask why this was but the waiter looked confused and couldn't give me an answer, so I just paid it. I thought this was a one-off and tried Noodle House again. The second time, the exact same thing happened - only the bill was for an entirely different (and more expensive) price. The prices on the bills were not so high that I would have had an issue with paying them, but when going out with only a certain amount in my pocket and choosing an item off the menu accordingly, it could be a bit embarassing to suddenly discover they expect you to pay a totally arbitrary higher amount than you were expecting. I will not be returning here, which is a shame, because the noodles were decent.

• Visited November 2013

Bruges, Belgium
“One of my favorite eating places in PP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Delicious homemade noodles. Try the beefstew or the noodle soup with duck..Sometimes you can see the cook pool the noodles..

Near the riverfront..

And near

• Visited August 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Enjoy It!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

It's properly my favorite restaurant in PP. Went there twice without any expectation. Ordered a Vietnamese dry noodle and it was GREAT! The combination of the noodle and the herbs and vegetables was simply delicious and I was very happy. Went there again before I left PP and I took the fried flat noodle with basil. Simple and nice. I will go there again if I visit PP again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Hew55
Aus
“Worst service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The best thing this restaurant does is sit you down and bring you your menu. I ordered pad thai and tasted very bland and the eggs and pork had the burnt wok taste to it. Half an hour after I finish ny meal my husband was still waiting for his. He finished his and our entree of fried dumplings still never showed up. We decided to leave as we had been sitting there for an hour an half just for two noodle dishes so we cancelled the order of dumplings and asked for the bill. That took another ten minutes to come while they ran around like heedless chickens. Cost USD 12 which would've definitley been better spent elsewhere!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank jenn_xoxo
Calgary, Canada
“Good Food and best Value near Sisowath”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Noodle House restaurant is located on Street 130 one block west of Sisowath. The restaurant is fairly new and has seating for about 30 persons, some inside but mostly on the patio. Since we've been in Phnom Penh, we've eaten here about 5 times (mostly for lunch) and had a fair number of dishes on the menu. Our favourite thus far has been the Khmer red curry with noodles and the som tam (thai style green papaya salad) both of which are excellent. The restaurant also does dumplings, noodle soups, and a few other asian dishes (pad thai, curries, various noodle soups, etc.). Aside from the great food, the service here has also been quite good, although admittedly the place has been fairly empty most of the times we've been there. The majority of the entres range from $3 to $4 which in my opinion is a great value for this area of PP, especially considering the quality of the food. Overall, this is a great place for a meal.

• Visited October 2012