All reviews guest house furnished with antiques khmer style public areas convenient location ceiling fan central phnom penh independence monument excellent breakfast great place to stay checking out fresh fruit would stay again tuk tuk ride stayed nights top floor hot water
Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

Beautifully furnished rooms with lots of great touches and antique furniture. Lovely restaurant downstairs where you can relax in the lamplight (apart from the odd sighting of a ginormous rodent!! Hence the loss of 1 star! Please get rid of it Management!). Despite that the rooms are so lovely I would still recommend staying here, the whole place definitely conjures the romance of days gone by. Great breakfast menu & pretty good coffee too.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2016

I stayed at the Khmer surin guesthouse on multiple occasions. It was like being in someone's beautiful home. The staff are kind and helpful and gave personal attention that is rare at hotels. Having a wonderful restaurant on site is a big bonus. Meetings can be arranged at the restaurant and no one minds how long you linger over your meal. It is centrally located and close to all kinds of shops and cafes.

Room tip: rooms with balconies are smaller but have the advantage of being able to view street life.
Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed August 30, 2016

We booked and stayed here for three consecutive nights and we enjoyed it a lot. Location was great being the middle of the city with good access to boutique shops and other restaurants (although their restaurant was itself excellent!). The boutique hotel itself was well and tastefully decorated Cambodian style outside and inside the rooms. My room was very comfortable and had access to a small balcony. The lighting was good (important for me because I had work) and the wifi was strong - fantastic! The amenities in the bathroom were nice and the towels fluffy. Breakfast was ala carte and I went for the fried rice twice and the noodles once - loved it! Real coffee (espressos from the machine) was self-service and you serve yourself all you want which was wonderful for me! The only thing I didn't like was that the room itself had no proper windows, although there was natural light through the top of the door to balcony.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed July 6, 2016

I've stayed in PP 4 or 5 different times and this is my favorite hotel, particularly when you consider the value for money. Overall I paid about 1/3 to 1/5 of what I have paid at other hotels in the city and with the exception of the Raffles, there is not a hotel that I like better than the Khmer Surin.

The KS has a restaurant on ground level that is very pleasant where breakfast is served. I was working a lot while in PP so I found it very convenient to take my meals downstairs. The food was good and the service was pleasant. It is located in a great neighborhood where there are lots of restaurants within walking distance and lots of taxis available.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel highly to any one who likes a clean and quaint place to stay. There are no 5-star amenities like a pool, spa, or gym, but if you do not need these things, it is a great find.

Reserve ahead of time, especially in high season.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed April 11, 2016

Beautiful and peaceful - rooms are tastefully decorated, very comfortable and convenient. Very green and airy creating a relaxed environment. Staff are friendly and helpful. Adjacent to a very nice restaurant with the same name.

Date of stay: March 2016