“Elegant and charming boutique hotel in excellent location”

Khmer Surin Boutique Guesthouse
Ranked #15 of 317 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
phnom penh
“Elegant and charming boutique hotel in excellent location”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I am back in Phnom Penh and for the first time stayed at the charming Khmer Surin Boutique Guesthouse which has an excellent location in BKK1.

This is great choice for business or pleasure and is an oasis of peace in this noisy city. The rooms are beautifully decorated and filled with antiques and everything was clean and fresh. For this excellent standard of accommodation it is great value for money. The staff are friendly and accommodating and most importantly for me the internet was fast and reliable.

An added bonus for me is this hotel is at the same location as my favorite restaurant (also called the Khmer Surin) so I could just walk downstairs for dinner.

Overall a wonderful stay in an elegant hotel in great central location.

Room Tip: I stayed in C4 and have included photo's. I checked a number of room and they range in size from...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BurgandyPhnomPenh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and I were visiting one of our best friends in PP for one night. He works for an NGO and had been staying long term at this hotel, so he booked us a room there too. We sprung for an "expensive" $55 / night room and it was so lovely. The entire hotel is full of beautiful SE Asian decor and made you feel like you were in a spa. The room itself was spacious with a bathroom that made you feel like you were bathing outdoors. We wished we had been staying there longer. The hotel also has a restaurant that has an extensive menu. Breakfast was also included and consisted of a fruit smoothie, fruit plate, and your option of western and eastern breakfast dishes. I could have eaten there for all our meals, but we had many chic dining options. Location-wise, it's a short tuk-tuk ride to all the places you'll want t visit in PP.

Only improvements are: 1) wi-fi was not working while we were there; and 2) hotel does not take credit / debit card. Card acceptance is still low in Cambodia and I'm hoping this place does eventually.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank loveandtandoori
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We got a $50 room as a treat after staying in a budget guesthouse and were not disappointed. The room was absolutely gorgeous, clean and the staff were really helpful in getting us settled. We had a balcony, 4 poster bed and huge shower! The decore throughout is so charming, with lots of little ornaments around the place which may have felt cluttered to some tastes but felt homely to me. The only downside is there's no pool but 50% off in the restaurant (food only) made up for it! I'm vegetarian and found the menu accomodating and varied. Overall, a delightful although short stay.

Room Tip: Don't worry about lugging big bags as there's a lift!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple