“Could be better”
Review of Rain Rock Hotel

Rain Rock Hotel
Ranked #137 of 272 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The room was ok; however there was no towels in my room the first night, only had face washers and hand towels, so made do with what I had. The hotel was not as well located as it stated on Expedia, to the point that when I tried to head back to the hotel one night, it took almost 1hr cuz the tuk tuk driver had no idea where it was. I had even given him the address to make it easier.

The buffet breakfast however was outstanding, I was extremely impressed. I'm happy to eat noodles and soup for breakfast, I mean I am in Asia after all, I shouldn't be eating western food. The had options for hot and cold dishes, which I actually tried pretty much everything each day I was there. I had lunch there one day, but unfortunately the staff in the restaurant didn't speak English and they stuffed up the order. The food was really good though. I chose not to dine again and ventured out into the city centre instead.

The wifi in the room only worked at the desk, I couldn't use it while I was in bed which was a little annoying but oh well. I would stay there again pretty much only for the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Rain Rock Hotel

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Ok so the hotel itself: bed rooms, shower, air con, breakfast, staff etc were all great - not a bad word to say.
BUT the wifi was awful!
AND I wasn't a fan of the location, it felt far from everything we went to see/do and not that safe.
I would recommend finding a closer hotel to the waterfront or researching where you want to go and finding a hotel nearer!
Not a lot in terms of restaurants and bars near by, there were some, just nothing amazing.
You can do better!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Sjpage7
Reviewed November 12, 2013

One night with Rain Rock Hotel and her lovely smiling staffs, Chak Riya and others, it made me feel really warm and happy. Most of them are friendly and warmly welcome. the foods are very nice. What are the most memorable time is that " I can enjoy the rooftop view in the evening and at night time with other guests." and it was the that I enjoyed the most. Hope you enjoy it too.

Good luck and enjoy my friends!

Room Tip: Rooms on the East are very nice in the early morning and I would recommend you guys to go to the 6th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in a scary location. Only stayed 1 night as part of a tour to Angkor Wat. Rooms were surprisingly clean but small packed with too much furniture. Typical of Asian lodging of which I've had numerous experiences with from the sublime to the horrific. This is right in the middle.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The place is too quiet and surroundings gets super dark at night. Too much ants in our room that ate all the rations.. Tuk2 driver for the hotel is unfriendly. He even got into an big argument with his friend while I'm sitting in it waiting for my partner to come down... All other tuk2 drivers will be lost and the place is so hard to find... The last night when we got back.. The whole corridor lights went off .. Only survived thru the lift's lights to rush and open our door.. We won't be back to stay....

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Cadbury84
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Not worth the money spent. Stay elsewhere.

Con:
- terrible location, far from everything
- breakfast was awful. Upon check in was told by the person in charge that there wasn't enough guest so the buffet breakfast was canceled but we would be able to order from their menu. When we went to breakfast the next morning buffet was set up with barely any food. Tried to order from the menu but everything on the menu was unavailable. Ordered an omelette abs they brought us fried rice with so much msg in it. We ended up going out to eat.
- staff does not know much English except the bare minimum
- pick up service from airport not worth it as they sent a tuk tuk who parked outside the airport so you had to walk a way, not good if you had a long flight and kids
-staff are very loud in the hallways during the day so if you are jet lag and trying to rest it's not good
- room has balcony but it's so narrow there's no point to it at all

Pro:
-deluxe room is spacious and clean
- lots of storage space for your luggage

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Hotel has not been a good experience: the location looks quite dangerous, the service is very poor and the food is really not nice.However the rooms are clean and you can reach the Russian Market quite easily
There are much better places in Phnom Pehn which cost the same

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo