“Best Yum Cha Dim Sum in the Kingdom”

Yi Sang Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #314 of 1,428 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Best Yum Cha Dim Sum in the Kingdom”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Wow and wow, I love Yum Cha and this place as by far the best quality, freshest selection of yum cha in Phnom Penh, Excellent service, great prices. Make sure you try number 11 the prawn dumpling with Wasabi.

• Visited September 2013
La B, Manager at Yi Sang Chinese Restaurant, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Warm greeting from Yi Sang Restaurant . it is a wonderful pleasure to read your valuable
in this TripAdvisor. We all are much appreciate that you had a very nice experience of your having at our Restaurant.
We truly love to indulge our guest and such a rewarding review encourage our team to keep on providing such high level of service to all our guest.
We are waiting to serve you a nice food and good serve ever.

Best Regards,

Somma Soeung

• Korean first
“Not delicious and expensive too?”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I just finished eating dinner at the New Yi Sang Chinese restaurant at the Feeling Free Hotel. I always stay at this hotel when I visit PP, because it is well located. I have lived in Ho Chi Minh City for 10 years and love visiting PP.

I ate at the Yi Sang restaurant last night as well as well as tonight, because it is convenient, being in the hotel.

On both occasions, I was UNDERWHELMED by the food, and OVERWHELMED by the price of the meal. The dim sum and bbq meats tasted like they were made a day or two before, and re-heated. They had that old taste. Last night a friend and I shared some dim sum and each had a soup, and with two beers the bill was 30 USD. Tonight, I was too tired to go to one of PP's many GOOD Chinese restaurants, so I ate here again, ordering bbq and some dim sum and vegetables. I hade a couple of beers, and the bill was 27 USD.

The food isn't terrible, it just isn't delicious, not by a far cry. And it's expensive. So I give the restaurant terrible rating. If the prices were not so high, I would give the restaurant two stars.

So if you can avoid it, do not eat here at the NEW YI SANG at FEELING FREE HOTEL. Choose one of PP's Chinese restaurants that serves food that is delicious, and prepared the day you order it, not a day or two before.

Visited September 2013
La B, Manager at Yi Sang Chinese Restaurant, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Dear Value Guest,

Warmest Greeting From Yi Sang Chinese Restaurant in PP..!!!

Thanks for your comment, i'm so appreciate for all the problem that you have rise up. And i will make it all better to serve you the best.

With regard to this i will inform to my team to improve and work harder on that.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best of Chinese food with good view”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

When you think about chinese food in Phnom Penh do not forget Yi Sang. It is a restaurant that is located near the grand palace and you can also see the river at the front of the grand palace however the smell is not quite good. The food in the menu is so delicious and really chinese, by the way, the quality is equal to the price of the food.

• Visited May 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Warmest Greeting From Yi Sang Chinese Restaurant in PP...!!

I would like to say thank for your comment. That's so glad to hearing from you that you've enjoyed at our restaurant.

With regard to this i will inform to my team to improve it and serve you the best.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Good food, not so good service.”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I think the food there is one of the best Chinese food in town. Everything I tried, I liked such as their Honey BBQ Pork, Steamed Fish and even their egg plant was good. Their dim-sum was expensive but tasty. In my opinion, D1, D4, D11 are shrimp dumplings and they all taste about the same but Some has three pieces and some has four, so ask the waiter and decide depending on the number of people you are with. And D6 is the famous Shao mai, shrimp and pork dumpling. Kui tiu, the noodle soup (wan tang, seafood I tried) were also very nice.
The reason I didn't give 5 star to this restaurant is because they tend to cheat on prices sometimes. I go there quite often and sometimes they sneak in one or two dishes that I didn't order. Once I ordered fried rice which is about $4 but they charged me over $7. This kind of thing happens too often to think of it as just a simple mistake. So make sure you check the list before you pay.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sean K
Dear Value Guest,

Warmest Greeting from Yi Sang Chinese Restaurant in PP..!!

Thanks for your comment here, i'm so sorry that we have make the same mistake on you several times but there is no intention to cheat on you. I'm so glad that you have enjoy your lunch or dinner at our restaurant.

With regard to this i will inform to my team to improve and correct all that mistakes not to happen again.

Phnom Penh
“Authentic Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Yi Sang is probably the Chinese restaurant that offers the best value for money in downtown Phnom Penh. Set in a simple but refined decorum, it proposes a variety of dishes that is regularly enriched with new flavors. It is ideal if you want to enjoy Chinese food in an elegant place, with family or business partners. The restaurant owner, Luu Meng, is currently the most renowned Chef in Cambodia.

Yi Sang has opened a second, smaller branch on the riverside from which one can enjoy dim sum while looking upon the Tonle Sap river.

• Visited November 2012
Dear Value Guest,

Warmest Greeting From Yi Sang Chinese Restaurant in PP...!!!

We would like to say thanks for your great feed back on here. We are so glad that you have enjoy you lunch or dinner at our restaurant

With regard to this appreciate i will inform to my team.

Thanks and Best Wishes