Tripadvisor
Phnom Penh
Post
Inbox
Search

“Meat platter for 2 is great”

New York Steakhouse
Ranked #149 of 2,031 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The New-York Steakhouse is located N˚264 street 63 (Blvd Mao Tse Tung and corner Street 63). The restaurant’s atmosphere is warm and friendly, and the artwork and tasteful Western artifacts provide a comfortable place for guests to relax and unwind after a long day. New-York Steakhouse is a casual dining, full-service restaurant that serves lunch and dinner, with an addition of 4 private rooms
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came back to this restaurant and same satisfaction as before. Excellent meat and good decoration . We tried their meat platter for 2 and very nice ! My friend ( first time here) was so impressed with the meat quality , the knife choices and the gratin potatoe
Sauces and side terrines are really good . Wiĺ come back for sure

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (159)

Reviewed December 19, 2019 via mobile

I went last night with friend ,
First thing when you called make reservations I ask if they sale pork as we are jew ,
Khmer staff reply No ,
It’s not true in Caesar salad plenty pork ,
Second thing :
This Restuarnt BBQ by Gas for steak ..
Not charcoal ,they are far from reviews I read !
No chance to go again this restaurant and Khmer staff nice but only sorry sorry and mistake ,
Kitchen are small and you can see by window glass how they run the cooking !
Disappointed big time ,
Visit there at 19 December 9:00 pm
Reservation 4 people ,no one finish meal happy ,
Wine /water expensive more then any 5 Star hotel ,

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2019 via mobile

We visited NY Steak for a bit of western food during a long Asian holiday. Exceeded my expectations! The ambience is straight out of an American gangster movie - red leather booths, rich wood paneling, movie star b&w photos, Frank Sinatra music, and spectacular service. The price for a steak is high for SE Asian but the quality is spot on. I am not a huge red meat eater but my partners family are cattle ranchers in the American west and she knows her meat. My ribeye steak and her petite fillet were cooked to perfection, exactly as the ‘doneness’ menu description and servers assurance. (Properly cooked beef is somewhat hit or miss- mostly miss - in SE Asian). The meat was cooked perfect, excellent taste, and properly aged. I had to love a restaurant that offers you a knife selection beforehand to cut the meat. Many extra touches were included - a salt and pepper selection, a sauce selection ( I tried it on bread - a proper steak should require no sauce or gravy) the taste is the meat! Attentive and friendly staff without being overly pretentious. Very good wine by the glass selection. On our visit there was nothing to find fault with - a really great steak, excellent service, nice atmosphere, 5 star toilets - and I have no problem recommending NY Steakhouse for a fine dining experience in Phnom Penh.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed June 14, 2019

My family and I come here quite often. The food there is delicious, and the steak is exquisite! The garlic bread with pate they serve at the beginning of the meal is the best and we can't get enough of it! It was my birthday the other day and the staff was very sweet – gave us a 25% discount for the meal and a free chocolate mousse.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

I didn't know what to expect since it was my first time there but the truth of the matter is that the more money you have the better treatment you get and the more trats you get to. The Bordeaux wine was absolutely excellent. The meat delicious. The treats they gave us afterwards as a gift which were popcorn were the best I ever ate in my life!!

Life is just so much better when you don't have to look at the prices of the menu and can just order anything you like!

Will definitively go back if I'm in some craving of delicious meet!

They even stayed open all afternoon just for us!!!

Exceptional staff!