“Excelent service!!!”

One Up - Banana Hotel
Ranked #1 of 333 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The staff is very welcoming and friendly, making sure you get the best of your stay.
The rooms are modern and clean.
Great example of the cambodian hospitality!! Good price also!................................................................

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank AlmeidaS
Heng S, Owner at One Up - Banana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your friendly review, we hope all our guests can have this positive experience! Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for One Up - Banana Hotel

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed in One up in Feb'13 and we loved our stay there. In the mornings, there was construction work going on, and it generally gets a lil' noisy in the room, does not have an elevator but other than that, it is centrally located near all the tourist attractions, is close to the best eating joints in Phnom Penh - we were flooded with different options. The rooms also had a mini kitchen, kettle and usual coffee/tea jazz. The hotel managers even arranged for a tuk tuk to take us around, booked us our tickets to Siem Reap. They were very helpful, warm and made our stay very comfortable. We would definitely recommend it to others who are on the lookout for budget accommodation.

Room Tip: Get the garden room on the top floor or just get as far away from the Reception as possible :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank traveophile

Thanks for your great review. I apologize that you experience some unwanted noise, unfortunately we cannot control when neighbors do renovations or other outside work, but our rooms are generally very quiet and the construction work that was taking place in feb, should no longer be an issue for future guests. We value our guests and are pleased that your experience was a good one, come back soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The staff, in particular Sidat and Reang, were eager to assist us with information, help in getting Vietnamese visas and with anything we requested. They didn't try to push anything on to us. Their personal approach made our stay extremely enjoyable, they smiled all the time and were thoughtful towards our questions. It was nice to learn a little about everyday Cambodian life from them and we hope their hard work results in a bright future. Everything about the room was as advertised and it was a comfortable respite from the dusty city. The only downside was the building construction going on next door, but that will come to an end in about four months or so. A few times the alley leading to the hotel was blocked by large cement trucks. However there was no problem with noise at night, it was lovely and quiet.

Room Tip: The ground floor room just off the reception area so if you like quiet, opt for a room upstairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Goreme1990

Our staff make our hotel a home away from home, without them the hotel is beautiful but has no heart. A traveler who wants a more personal experience would gain a lot from interaction with our staff. I'm sorry our neighbors had a truck in the alley way which can be an inconvenience, luckily if you come back, we no longer have this issue since their cement work is completed. Thanks so much for leaving us this review!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed for a week in Feb & have to recommend One Up to everyone. Central location clean & very reasonable rates. Staff more then helpfull booking bus tickeks or tours. Up stairs roof top great place for an evening drink. Close to everything or short Tuk tuk ride. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Trevor1952

Thanks for leaving us a review! We also have a TV and couch in the lobby to enjoy a drink, great if you want to watch a sports match, however i still prefer the beautiful view from our roof garden. Come back soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at One Up hotel for two days on last December. It was the friendliest place I have ever stayed. The staffs were extremely warm making me feel very welcome at this small hotel. They make every effort to learn your name, answer enquires, book a taxi etc. I have to say hotel staffs have the most beautiful smiles I have ever saw in Cambodia.

My room was on the top floor and nicely appointed. It was very clean, well-lit and spacious. I had my breakfast at rooftop garden with overlooking Phnom Penh city skyline. It was wonderful.

All in all, my experience in One Up was just great, and I shall ddefinitely stay with them at my second trip to Phnom Penh in the middle of March.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Yananaa
Heng S, Owner at One Up - Banana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thanks so much for writing us a review, we are so happy to hear we are the friendliest, it is our top priority! We hope to see you again soon, thanks again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

A good base, clean and modern rooms, close to plenty of restaurant options.

Only slight downside was the construction site next door. They started work at 7.20am and finished at sunset

The staff make this place, they are all very helpful.

The rooftop terrace is a nice place to have an evening drink and the view at night is good.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Woodbutcha

Thanks for leaving us this helpful review! Construction noise shouldn't be a problem any longer, i'm sorry if you were bothered in any way by outside parties. Cheers

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have booked this hotel in Agoda.com with a very good rates. They arranged an airport pick-up for me which is USD$12 per way (not bad if you want to have a convenient journey to the hotel). After almost 1 hour (due to traffic) I arrived in the hotel.

The hotel is 1-2mins. walk going inside from the main road and there is a construction going on nearby but that's okay...As I arrived in their hotel, there's another guests so, have to wait a little while. But, they did their best to accomodate me as the previous guest I saw have a lot of inquiries.

The room they have given me is right at the back of the reception (level 1). The room is spacious, clean and shower bathroom. The room has big bed, LCD with cable, fridge and complimentary 2 bottled water, coffee and tea. From your room, you cannot hear loud voices, as they keep it quiet.

The next morning, I decided to go to Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, Independence Monument and Wat Langka...to my surprise, only 5-10 walk to mentioned places. But, On the way to Royal Palace, I ride a motorcycle for only USD$1. What a great location of the hotel. I'm a keen Photographer so, I really like that.

The food can be directly ordered to nearby food bar (Banana Bar) which is around USD$4-10, depending on food you like but there's a lot of coffee shops, and restaus nearby. And, there's a nearby spa that I had a massage for USD$12 for a hour which is really good.

All in all, I had a GOOD stay in this hotel, and I am so recommending this.

Note: The Top Floor (Penthouse) has a very good view...you can see the Indepedence Monument with Light at night which is very nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank vinatraveler

Thanks for leaving us this review, its very informative and helpful, we find most guests have a positive experience reaching tourist spots, city highlight and great food+ nightlife. I would like to mention that the lowest available rates are direct from our website, and to check their for deals not available on other websites. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again soon.