“Clean and spacious rooms, super friendly staff, great value!”

One Up - Banana Hotel
Ranked #1 of 325 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
“Clean and spacious rooms, super friendly staff, great value!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

THIS IS POSSIBLY THE BEST PLACE TO STAY AT IN PHNOM PENH!

The staff is super friendly. They really do their best to make you feel at home. The minute we got there, we were served a delicious welcome drink.

We were very impressed by the size and cleanliness of our room. The bed was very comfortable and the shower and toilet were spotless.

There is a nice area at reception where you can watch TV or use internet for free. The rooftop is also a great place to have a drink in the evening.

The hotel is very quiet (although there is a construction site nearby, no noise can be heard from it). The location is great!

All we can say is: try it, you won't regret!

Thanks for a beautiful stay!!!

We will be coming back in a couple of weeks...

Room Tip: Our taxi driver had trouble finding the place on the first day. The easiest is to ask him to drop yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank madhatter2525

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, TX
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I live in Phnom Penh and was looking for a guest house where my son and his mom could stay. My neighbor Steve owns the One Up and suggested I swing by and check it out. The location is very good close to Street 278 with lots of restaurants, coffee shops, massage studios and shopping in the the area. When I arrived i met Arun at the front desk and from that moment on I was sold. The lobby is very nice and even a bit chic given the price tag. Arun allowed me to book the room with just a credit card number but they never actually ran the card. The rooms aren't huge but they are very nice and clean. My son requested something to make the bed less firm and they brought up a mattress pad. I spent a lot of time with my son and his mom while they were were and the hotel even brought my bike inside at night to keep it secure. They are very attentive and the place is small enough to where they really have a personal relationship with you. I felt very good about trusting my family to their care. On the last night in PP my son got sick with fever, chills and body aches. They gave him extra bottles of water, provided him with Tylenol and offered a late check out. For a small, reasonable fee, they allowed them to stay in the room until 5:00 p.m., when their transportation to the airport was scheduled to arrive. They were all just great in every way and I will steer all my future guests to the One Up.

I have a couple of recommendations of places I really like in this neighborhood, referred to as BKK I. Right across the street at the end of the alley is a back packer hostel called the Blue Dog. They have a really great local bar with pool table, cheap drinks and actually pretty darn good food. It always draws a rather eclectic and interesting crowd (mostly young). Just down the street, left on 51, is Brown Coffee Shop-my favorite in PP. If you go right on 51 and left on 278 you'll find tons of restaurants and bars. There is a Thai restaurant called Tom Yum Kang that is very good and cheap. A nicer hotel restaurant is the Anise Hotel on the corner. My favorite massage studio is East West, right past Tom Yum Kang. The owner is M, a very good Thai massage therapist trained in the US. He personally trains the young men and women and they do a very good job. This place is quiet, professional, and clean whether you want a foot massage or full body. I go here twice a week and took my son three times when he was here.

I hope this is helpful. You can find more luxury accommodations in PP (although not at this price) but at no place can you experience better Khmer hospitality.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not have a window. If you are bothered by no window, make sure you ask. Not a big de...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank timoray
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here! The service was fantastic. The staff were some of the loveliest and most helpful people I met on the trip and they were available to contact 24 hours a day. The hotel is located in a safe and central area very close to cafes and cute coffee shops. The rooms were clean and modern.
I recommend the hotel for people coming to Phnom Penh on business or people who want a quiet and relaxing stay in the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Giorgina P
Tagug
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Pretty nice hotel, very small and friendly and really good value compared to
other prices in the area. BKK1 is a really nice area and its close to
everything. It didn¹t have a mini bar which was a shame but I saw them
buying all the mini bar stock and putting it in the rooms as I checked out

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Romel D
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Traveling to Phnom Penh for the eighth time on business this year I couldn¹t
get into my normal place so booked One Up at the last minute, basically a
small boutique hotel with mini apartment rooms. Staff very friendly,
spotlessly clean, no communal bar in the hotel but one just next door to the
property, I would certainly stay here again. I don¹t know if its a fair
rating because its new but to be completely honest I could not fault the
place and together with the pretty low price I paid (Shop around) I have to
say that its in my top choice now for the next time I am there on business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank dizon_rodel
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This place is located in the center of B.K.K. 1, a very popular and very nice area of Phnom Penh, lots of bars and great restaurants within a minute's walking distance. Loved going out for food at the nearby restaurants. I stayed here in September with my husband. Our small dog was also allowed to stay with us, which was very convenient. The rooms are like small studio apartments, with refrigerator, big tv, kettle, sink and cupboard. Very nicely designed hotel, the lobby has a tv with movies as well. I felt very comfortable and at home there, the staff were excellent as well!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Ericaangela
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a great option if you want to combine a crazy night out with a quiet place to sleep and recover. The hotel is down a quiet alley (don't be put off) but is right around the corner from it's sister hotel- top Banana- great place to meet people. The room itself was amazing- really clean, great air con, tv (all mod cons) and the managers william and arun and all other staff were just so helpful and welcoming - even when we came in at 4am! They bent over backwards for us and arranged a great tuk tuk tour with such a brilliant guy. Best place we've stayed in Cambodia!

• Stayed October 2012