“Excellency Hotel.”

Hilary's Boutique Hotel
Ranked #59 of 269 Hotels in Phnom Penh
“Excellency Hotel.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Hi, there..how going ? I was very glad to be stay in your hotel last three month ago .it's make me very excited and Excellency one in phnom penh Cambodia. Staff very friendly and good service and also I can play internet contact to my friend and my family in United State for free .Excellent little hotel we found in Phnom Penh. Comfortable rooms and a nice pool and a quiet central location. Mr. Veng and his family also make us very welcome. Thoroughly recommended and we will definitely stay here again! Totally I'll go visit Cambodia very soon and i will be stay in your hotel one month with my vacation in Cambodia. Okay... Have a nice day to all your family and also to all peoples in Cambodia. Thank..., From .Sky moon Dara.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed at Hilary's five times during month's stay in Cambodia. Ideally situated in quite area of Phnom Penh. Remork drivers outside for transport. Staff very very good. Accommodation first class. We came and went as we traversed Cambodia. On all occasions everything was perfect. The kitchen staff went out of their way to accommodate my grand daughter who became sick during one of our stays. Reception arranged for one of the remork drivers to take us to a French chemist where we obtained more medication. The hotel's pool was great at the end of a busy day. The hotel is jointly owned by a Cambodian family and an Australian family and I would recommend this hotel as a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

i stayed two times and my stay was very good .i like the working team.my room has very nice view we can eat at any time and it is good. the swimming pool is so pleasant . i will recommend to all travelers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hilary0307, Owner at Hilary's Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Very happy to see you are regualr at our hotel. The staff try very hard to make all guest have a pleasent stay. Please come back soon. Towards the end of the year the hotel will have a few more exciting services to offer our guest. We will be extending our hotel which will include for more luxurious rooms , larger restaurant , complimentary services such free bicycle useage for hotel guest , improved tour guide booking services Happy to note and advise that the two bathrooms that had very minor issues with drainage have been repaired. Once again thank you for staying at our hotel. Hilary ( Hotel owner )
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

An 11 out of 10 is the best way to start. What a wonderful hotel. It felt like home to us. The staff felt like our second family. Everything about this hotel is top notch. The cleanliness, the staff professionalism, the pool, restaurant, affordable room rates, the peace and quiet. Everything we wanted and more was provided. I can't say enough positive things about this hotel. There is no question that Hilary's Boutique Hotel is the #1 place to stay in Phnom Penh.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TammyZ383
Umea, Sweden
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This place feels like home. The only difference (accept the climate of course) is that's its BETTER than home. The rooms are super cute decorated, clean and more than comfortable. I stayed here for five days in march (hot season, but luckily there's a nice pool to cool down in after sightseeing) I had all my meals there and I loved it all!! The soups were amazing and the western food was great which is unusually in Asia.
A big thank you to Veng and Rona and their lovely staff for taking care of us while exploring Phnom Penh. See you all again.

1 Thank Emma P
Singapore
Reviewed March 30, 2013

On a fair note, let me speak on the good points first.
GOOD :

Opposite kindergartens and schools = greater security and in a better vicinity of the city. So i feel safer and definitely its nice and quiet.

The owner is always around in the mornings and evenings, which means that anytime you have something that you are not too happy with , voice it out and it gets amended within the day itself. We had dinner there on our first night and had requested to have in room 1 hr massage services, the ladies arrived and verbally agreed to start 15 mins later at 8.45 instead of the agreed 8,30PM, however the massage abruptly ended at 9.30 without warning and the ladies blamed it on us for being late. We were alittle upset and told the owner about the misunderstanding. We were surprised that he came forward the next morning with a free hour massage for us that evening. That is what is call FANTASTIC & IMMEDIATE RECOVERY SERVICE. WE are very appreciative of that.

We were also given a no window, no any outlet kind of room and they promptly shifted us to one that has a window but its a double room so my husband and I slept on separate beds for a night. The following two nights, we had a room with window and a king bed. Doesnt matter what it is, most importantly, the service was prompt and no sign that we were troublesome although I know that I was one whiny!

The sheets are ironed on your bed when they make it in the morning, so it looks perfect all the time.

Breakfast is limited in choices but I love it! I get more slices of bread if I want more and do try the fried rice, its awesome! Simple and tasty. I wont change a thing about the breakfast, except for a bigger portion!

oh oh one more thing : There are great restaurants a 5 mins walk away like Magnolia Vietnames restaurant. Amazing great Viet food for two pax under USD$20. MUST TRY!

BAD :
Toilet drainage is indeed a real big problem. I didnt voice it out because I know it cant be solved in a day. The funny thing is the shower curtain closes the shower area AND the toilet bowl together. So when you take a shower, not only the water do not drain well, leaving you splashing in used bath water, your toilet bowl gets all wet. So its really annoying that everytime after a shower, if you do need to use the toilet,you have to wipe it dry. And obviously showering in a 2 cm high depth of used bath water doesnt make you feel too clean. The only way to get round it is to shower and swipe the water towards the drainage with your feet at the same time. Not cool at all. That is one thing that needs to be corrected ASAP!

Dinner menu looked fantabulous but most of the glam items that I picked were out. Apparetly the chef was on a holiday. So I wont know.

On the overall, the human factors made this an AWESOME STAY. FOr the heart , smiles and sincereity everyone had in this little boutique hotel. I only have one word to say - FANTABULOUS!

Room Tip: Room 18 has no windows and on cafe side. Rm 20 has bad drainage and my wet toilet bowl...read the st...