“The little gem”
Review of The Boston restaurant - CLOSED

The Boston restaurant
Cuisines: Cambodian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Friendly family-run restaurant serving traditional Cambodian as well as western food. Great music, fantastic atmosphere, centrally located on popular street 172.Special drinks including Mojito and Rum and Passion fruit, Chat'n Chew, and other cocktails.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Just a note to thank everyone at Chat and Chew for the the friendly service and wonderful food! Located on st 172 Chat has been a favorite with expats and visitors alike. Great prices on both western and Asian dishes in a relaxed atmosphere. I'll be back many more times! Highly recommended !

1  Thank Fivestarhomeless

Reviewed June 19, 2014

As a recommended restaurant me and my friend decided to try, my food was given to another table and sat there for 20 mins until they asked me if I'd eaten at which point they took the meal from the table back to the kitchen before serving it to me, when questioned they said it wasn't being lied to is one thing thinking I'm an idiot is another. Also ordered drinks that never turned up a completely awful experience any apology would have helped instead of ignoring me.
If it had not been for my friend enjoying his meal I would have given this restaurant the worst rating possible

1  Thank Darren K
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Best breakfast i have had in phnom penh. :) will definitely go again. The prices are very fair and the staff is very friendly. It opens at 7 in the morning so great breakfast spot.

1  Thank orbistravellers
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Trying to choose a restaurant among the myriad assembled around our area was a daunting task. Luckily, my wife and I chose this diamond in the rough. It is a small restaurant run by a young couple. My wife has a sauteed squid dish and I seafood plate. The food was very good and very cheap. The restaurant was very, very clean. As we sat there anjoying the night and the beer, many people came and sat in the outside eating area and all seemed to be regulars including many ex-pats. The favorite dish seemed to be their $5 steak which turns out to be beef imported from Australia. All in all this was an extremely nice experience and one of my better meals in 5 weeks of touring Asia.

1  Thank plywood12
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Much as I would like to promote a Cambodian restaurant, I would have to agree with Thelonius's comments earlier. It is average at best, I have been a few times and although cost has never been an issue for me, I have been shocked by the miniscule size of steak I have been given for $10, especially if you consider a good meal will cost you between $3 and $4 in this very competitive street.
The steak is supposed to be 200g but, as I think you will see from the pictures I am attaching, it is barely half of that. As this is a new restaurant in this group, they follow a similar pattern, that is: build up the restaurant for good reviews on TA etc and bask in it from then on.
As you can see from my profile, I am not a person that usually reviews: Selfish as I am, I tend to hog a restaurant that I like and not share it with others, but this group (laughing fat man et al) with their glowing 'reviews' encouraged me to speak up. There are many, many good restaurants in Phnom Penh whose reviews and reputations have been built up over quite some time. Please look at those. For good english sausage and bacon go to The Cavern, the Irish pub, or Aroma chef; burger go to the Garage bar @110. The steak is great value at the Cavern but the Mekong Star deserves an honourable mention.
My final word is: check out all the other great restaurant bars on 172 first, the value for money and food quality is high here, don't be dazzled by erroneous reviews.
As for the rating, I have done as Thelonius did before me, i.e: Just one star in order to balance out the 5 star ratings before.