“Paradise in Phnom Penh!”
Review of The Boston restaurant - CLOSED

The Boston restaurant
Cuisines: Cambodian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Friendly family-run restaurant serving traditional Cambodian as well as western food. Great music, fantastic atmosphere, centrally located on popular street 172.Special drinks including Mojito and Rum and Passion fruit, Chat'n Chew, and other cocktails.
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Where do I begin? The chat and chew is the most superb restaurant I have ever been to in SE Asia! Lovely and attentive staff, beautiful food, awesome atmosphere and value for money, the Chat n Chew has it all.

We discovered this little gem on our second day and went back for every meal thereafter! The beef Wellington cannot be beat, even their fries are to die for! The chicken cordon blu is superb, the banana smoothies are delicious, and the passion fruit and rum is heaven in a glass! (Be careful though they go down a bit too well!!!)

My husband also had the breakfast there and said in his words "phenomenal- seriously amazing"

I don't often leave such detailed feedback on TA- but the Chat n Chew is too good to be missed! Seriously, do yourself a favour and head on down for an amazing meal.

There is also a lovely bunch of expats that hang out there who are such lovely and interesting people- we wish we could have stayed longer!

Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for The Boston restaurant

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Not nice setting of the restaurant, not nice area (backpacker ghetto).
They didn't have beef wellington available, nor a visa machine. So honestly cannot recommend.

1  Thank C4L1MER0
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

High quality food served here at great value prices. We started off with home made tomato soup with bread, then I got a good quality piece of steak cooked medium-rare how I asked to perfection! My girlfriend got chicken cordon blue with blue cheese and the bill came to $12.something with the food better quality than back in Sydney!

Service was great. Only downside I can think of is there's no air conditioning, and I was missing a bottle of red wine - not sure if you can buy wine there or BYO, but that's all that is needed to complete a fine dining experience.

Highly recommended! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Me and my girlfriend are real food lovers and visited 72st in the hope of finding something wonderful. We saw a sign outside the 'Chat 'n Chew' for beef wellington; when we saw the words 'Argentinian beef' we knew we had to give it a try. Don't be mislead by the modest outside, this place is an absolute DIAMOND! By far the best beef wellington we have EVER had - the beef was cooked to perfection just as we had asked - every bite was a piece of heaven. Don't be put off by the $8.75 price tag - once you try it you'll be happy to spend twice the amount. We both live in London and have eaten some wonderful meals, but this was in a league of it's own! Must try!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My 4th wonderful return to Cambodia. I spent the month of August 2012 in Phnom Penh. When I discovered the Chat 'n Chew, it was like a magnetic - pulling me back for more tasty food. When I found out Touch was a Chef Depatie, Being a traveller on a budget, I was even more impressed because the prices are so reasonable. I spoke to the chef and he told me that he studied Culinary Arts in Siem Reap. Food Safety is also a priority for this family-run business.
When I saw Steak and especially the Beef Wellington on the menu, my first thought was, YUM, my second thought was, probably touch like leather. Learnt my lessons about ordering beef in S.E.A. from my past experiences. I did ask the lovely waitress Channy, if the meat was tough or chewable. She said it wasn't tough. I took her word and enjoyed a mouth-watering Beef Wellington, with mashed and roasted potatoes and beans, with your choice of sauce. The Steak or the Beef Wellington was definitely going to be my once a week treat. I worked my way around their menu, and I was always happy enjoy most of my meals at this friendly family-run restaurant. Great atmosphere, met the regulars - travellers, expats, locals - great mix of people. Service was outstanding, always greeted with a friendly smile from Channy, Sony, Sokhan, Touch, and Mama and Papa. A family that I grew to love.
Additional Information: They were so accommodating to substitute veggies I can't eat for those that I enjoy. I became a part of the furniture there. Whether it was for a delicious lunch or dinner, or just an afternoon snack, or for my much needed once a day coconut water fix. They also served up a great pizza which comes with a free Mojito - What a Bonus! Both Western & Khmer Food - Delicious!!!
Maybe we'll catch you there when our travel paths cross. Cheers!!! Enjoy!!!
Jacquie - Canada