“THE BEST BEEF WELLINGTON....EVER!!”
Review of The Boston restaurant - CLOSED

The Boston restaurant
Cuisines: Cambodian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Friendly family-run restaurant serving traditional Cambodian as well as western food. Great music, fantastic atmosphere, centrally located on popular street 172.Special drinks including Mojito and Rum and Passion fruit, Chat'n Chew, and other cocktails.
London, United Kingdom
“THE BEST BEEF WELLINGTON....EVER!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Me and my girlfriend are real food lovers and visited 72st in the hope of finding something wonderful. We saw a sign outside the 'Chat 'n Chew' for beef wellington; when we saw the words 'Argentinian beef' we knew we had to give it a try. Don't be mislead by the modest outside, this place is an absolute DIAMOND! By far the best beef wellington we have EVER had - the beef was cooked to perfection just as we had asked - every bite was a piece of heaven. Don't be put off by the $8.75 price tag - once you try it you'll be happy to spend twice the amount. We both live in London and have eaten some wonderful meals, but this was in a league of it's own! Must try!

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Calgary
“Check out this Establishment (Excellent Food & Great Atmosphere)”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My 4th wonderful return to Cambodia. I spent the month of August 2012 in Phnom Penh. When I discovered the Chat 'n Chew, it was like a magnetic - pulling me back for more tasty food. When I found out Touch was a Chef Depatie, Being a traveller on a budget, I was even more impressed because the prices are so reasonable. I spoke to the chef and he told me that he studied Culinary Arts in Siem Reap. Food Safety is also a priority for this family-run business.
When I saw Steak and especially the Beef Wellington on the menu, my first thought was, YUM, my second thought was, probably touch like leather. Learnt my lessons about ordering beef in S.E.A. from my past experiences. I did ask the lovely waitress Channy, if the meat was tough or chewable. She said it wasn't tough. I took her word and enjoyed a mouth-watering Beef Wellington, with mashed and roasted potatoes and beans, with your choice of sauce. The Steak or the Beef Wellington was definitely going to be my once a week treat. I worked my way around their menu, and I was always happy enjoy most of my meals at this friendly family-run restaurant. Great atmosphere, met the regulars - travellers, expats, locals - great mix of people. Service was outstanding, always greeted with a friendly smile from Channy, Sony, Sokhan, Touch, and Mama and Papa. A family that I grew to love.
Additional Information: They were so accommodating to substitute veggies I can't eat for those that I enjoy. I became a part of the furniture there. Whether it was for a delicious lunch or dinner, or just an afternoon snack, or for my much needed once a day coconut water fix. They also served up a great pizza which comes with a free Mojito - What a Bonus! Both Western & Khmer Food - Delicious!!!
Maybe we'll catch you there when our travel paths cross. Cheers!!! Enjoy!!!
Jacquie - Canada

• Visited August 2012
Auckland
“Are you joking me??!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Don't usually write reviews but i have been one to read them on these few months of S.E Asia travels. I know Cambodia has a large population and i think this is helping the owner get this rating. Luckily we are staying a 5 min walk from this place or i would have been seriously dissapointed! Here's why:

Terrible food - chicken was raw so i sent the whole meal back

Atmosphere - derelict

Pricing - not that cheap! $5 for a cheese burger

Cleanliness - Not scummy but not clean

Easily find better in a 5 min walk

UK
“Good, cheap eat”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Friendly welcoming service and good food - what's not too like? The restaurant is basic but with a meal for two coming to $10, you can't really expect more. Great atmosphere.

Portland, Oregon
“Great prices, food and music”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had read about Chat'n Chew on Tripadvisor and convinced my husband to walk across town (from Hotel Nine) to eat at this restaurant. There weren't many people there but we didn't let that deter us and we ordered Pesto Pasta, glass of House Red wine, Large water and a veggie tapas/pizza. We really enjoyed the Western music playing in the background and saw the friendly server/manager chatting with other people who stopped by for a drink. The portions were big, food delicious and I think our bill came to $7USD. We would return in a heartbeat!

• Visited December 2012