The Frangipani Royal Palace Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$176
$70
$66
$207
Sofitel
La Rose Suites(Phnom Penh)
$130
$40
TeaHouse(Phnom Penh)
$32
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop poolroyal palacesky bargreat locationthe rivernational museumfriends restaurantbuffet breakfast istea and coffeeegg stationthe air conditioningnoodle soupbalcony roomcentral locationrestaurants and barstuk tuksilver pagoda
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This well located hotel is a great place to be in Phnom Penh. The roof top pool offers an excellent view over the Royal Palace and city during sun set and is a relaxing place to get away from the hustle and bustle of this busy city. However the poolside service and towels was lacking a little. The rooms were clean and modern and the hotel staff were very friendly. My only real complaint was the terrible background music that was piped through the hotel lobby and corridors starting at 8am which was clearly audible in the rooms and disturbed sleep for holiday makers. There didn't seem to be any phone number in the room for reception to report the problem either. Otherwise this was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

In brief
- poorly designed bathroom - no space for even short legs whilst sitting on toilet,
- shower powerful but too much for PP drains so flooded the whole room every time-cannot be solved without re-designing their bathrooms which I doubt they will do!
- safe locked shut and unusable on my arrival - took 2 hours to sort out (a common issue here-I heard several other gusets complaining about this)
- unable to use pool as they had shut the whole top area in preparation for NYE party - no warning this would happen so paid for facilities I could not use.
- No view to rooms on the side of the building.
(Room I stayed in was 509 - I have asked the room to be shut as unusable)

I asked every staff member I spoke to to tell the manager but according to him they didn't so when I spent 15 mins explaining the problems to him the only thing he could offer was late check out - free if you ask for it anyway! Unhappy customer, definitely not recommended!

I work in Cambodia so I understand the culture and what to expect for a price - the excuse from the manager is they are new and just learning - in that case their prices should reflect the service they offer. Two doors down is a hotel called the Diamond Place 2 - It is very basic but has clean rooms, hot water and AC and the price is appropriate. Save your money and find a hotel actually worth the money you pay.

Also the NGO discount they mention on their website is not enforced by staff and you get charged 2% extra (insult to injury!) to pay for your stay on debit or credit card.

Good luck to anyone staying here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank L0uiseAndNeil
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We spent our christmas here and it was absolutely relaxing. It's a nice hotel super close to the river and the palace. From rooftop swimmingpool you look down to the river. The service is really nice. All the stuff tries to make your stay as good as possible. We just complained because we had no view in our room, so we were lucky and got an free upgrade to a better room with balcony and the matrace there was the best we ever had in hotel. Breakfast = really good. We really had great two xmas nights there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin B
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My daughter and I booked into this hotel at short notice after I had been released from hospital. I wanted clean, white sheets, airconditioning and some rest. What we got was a lot more.

The location is excellent, 2 mins walk from Riverside, the FCC bar and the Royal Palace.

The hotel is newly opened and everything is very new and in good order. We had a twin room with a balcony. I loved the colour decor and the rustic charm. The fluffy white towelling robes were a God send. However, some towel rails in the bathroom and hooks would be very useful. The staff were very keen to help.

Breakfast was very good, with plenty of choice. We ate one night in the hotel, but the western food was overpriced for the quality.

The sky-bar is great, but the highlight has got to be the glorious roof-top pool. The water is fabulous and the view from the roof is spectacular.

I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bevo-the-bin-babe
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We were booked to stay at the Fragipani Fine Arts Hotel, but upon arrival there was a problem so they upgraded us to their sister hotel the Royal Palace. Located one block from the Palace (directly across the street from the mausoleum that is being constructed to hold the King's remains. Location is ideal - close to the river (2 blocks), the Palace, the National museum and lots of restaurants and boutiques. Our room (number 202) is spacious with a large attached bathroom including a large bathtub. the rooftop pool is a great way to cool off after a full day of walking around the city. Staff are all very friendly and helpful. Bottom line, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple