“Fantastic night at Rahu”
Review of Metro Rahu - CLOSED

Metro Rahu
Cuisines: American, Asian, Cambodian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the riverfront, Rahu is moody, intimate and chic. A place to see and be seen, Rahu offers one of the best drink selections in Phnom Penh, inventive Japanese cuisine and Asian small plates with a Khmer flair. Open seven days a week for dinner and late night dining. Join us for boutique sakes, expertly mixed cocktails and sushi Rahu style.
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic night at Rahu”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stumbled across Rahu by chance and had such a great night. Sat up at the bar and ate dinner and had great friendly service from the staff and manger - helpful, attentive and chatty! The food was so so good - loved the light and fresh flavours and some fusion twists. Agedashi style tofu with kampot peppercorns was a winner for me! The fit-out of the restaurant is nice too and its comfortable, cool and not too noisy. Great meal - would definitely go back.

1 Thank NgocHa78

“Definitely a favorite”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This is my daughter and son-in-law's go-to place for birthdays, anniversaries, etc., so we went there on my last night in town. I am so glad I got to experience this restaurant. The staff was very professional, and the food and drinks were amazing. We ordered a variety of small plates, and all were excellent. My favorite was the steak, scallops, prawns. The combination of quality ingredients was absolutely delicious. If I lived in PP, I would want to eat here often.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Shelley S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“just as good as metro”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We enjoyed our time at metro so much and then we found they had another restaurant down the road. So we were very happy to try it out. Same kind of food with a Japanese twist, a little more mature and not really a place to bring the kids. But same standard, obviuolsy the hip place to go.

1 Thank david n
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great good and nice selection of drinks”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went to Rahu twice in 3 weeks--enjoyed both times very much; also sent a party of 11 there around that time--all of them enjoyed it very much. Love this place because of food, drinks and MOST importantly--they are smoke-free!! The last time we went, there was a tasting of sparkling wine--3 choices, a rosette and a couple of others. They came back and asked us which one we like better, then they topped us off with an entire glass--all for free! Their grilled pork belly dish is amazing. The shrimp dish and the calamari with lychee were also very good. Just like their sister restaurant-Metro Cafe (which does allow smoking), they also have a red ants with beef dish which most friends who have tried it like it. Their tamarind and lychee martini are awesome! Don't miss it if you are in Phnom Penh for a short time!

1 Thank GreatFoodisHeaven
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Excellent quality in service and food!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have started making Rahu a regular part of my weekend dinner routine. I eat here at least once during a weekend if I am in town. Though there are hundreds of places to get a dinner in Phnom Penh, Rahu has a lot of qualities that draws me to it on a regular basis.

The first is that the dishes are made with quality ingredients and prepared very well. The cooking staff pays attention to their preparation and it shows in the very tasty meals that find their way to my table. The quality tends to be consistent and high.

Service is also very good at Rahu. The staff is very friendly, though that is not unusual in Cambodia. Rahu sets itself apart by paying attention to the things that many (and I should probably say most) other restaurants in PP miss. The first point of service that I always appreciate is that dishes come out in the right order. I have eaten at many other restaurants where your main course will appear before your appetizer. This does not happen at Rahu. If you order multiple small plates, they will even ask in what order you want them brought out. I also appreciate that the waiters and waitresses have a system of service that they follow. When you sit down, they give you the menu. When you order, they ensure the proper place setting is arranged. When your meal is complete, they take it away quickly and ensure toothpicks are handy. This is done every time. To me, this consistency is the mark of a good manager and a well trained staff.

The staff and management also make their regulars feel at home. They remember names and preferences. One waitress remembered my name on my second visit, which was 2 months after my first. Considering Rahu is on the river front and gets it's share of western tourists, I was quite impressed. That to me is a sign of an attentive staff that cares and appreciates their customers.

I would always recommend Rahu to friends either for dinner or an evening (or late night) drink. Be advised, even though there are plenty of beautiful girls that work at Rahu; It is not a girly bar. If that is what you are looking for, there are plenty of places within walking distance to visit. Cheers!

• Visited July 2013