$49
$42
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $55/night.

$77
$200
$152
Trip.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$35
$90
$79
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree laundryshort or long stayindependence monumenttuk tuklaundry servicenoodlesspeak good englishwifiac
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We booked a deluxe room for a weekend stay, but when we arrived we were actually upgraded to a better room (deluxe suite?). The room was . . roomy and the staff were super helpful. One night, one of the desk guys actually took me around on his own motorbike to find sunscreen and we went to like five different places (it was kind of late). Our bed frame (wood) actually broke the second night, but as soon as I called the front desk two guys showed up at our door with a power-drill and fixed it relatively quick. Our stay was definitely a positive one. Good location too (if you want to stay in this area). I would recommend this hotel, just don't expect the furniture to be new.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sreudian_flip
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

My business partner and I were booked here for 6 nights and left after the first night because we couldn't stand the filth! We didn't get a refund and we didn't care - we couldn't stand it. Mold and mildew in the shower and all the way up the shower curtain. Bathroom door? Not really - instead you get a cheap plastic accordion door (covered in grime).

There was a kitchenette, but that was really just a counter with a kitchen sink and range hood - minus the range.

Did I mention the smell yet? The whole place smelled like the worst bad breath I'd ever smelled - crossed with mildewy dish towels...and mothballs? Let's just say it smelled terrible.

I gotta give credit where it's due. The staff were sweet and accommodating. Ask and you shall receive. The neighborhood was charming (dirt road but cute shops, nice restaurants, and lots of friendly English-speaking tuk-tuk drivers lingering nearby).

I would advise against staying here.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank sbunz
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Attracted by the balcony facing the street, we moved from bolyna palace to here. Yes, there are constructions around the area but if you closed all windows, you'll be fine. Breakfast (they even bring them to your room!) and free laundry provided everyday. Room is comfortable with good quality mattress and pillows. Will not hesitate to come back again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This was my first time in Cambodia but my traveling partner, my sister, has been many times. She always stays here. The staff really takes care of you and makes an effort to get to know you. They try to address you by name. Breakfast is very basic with eggs, rice or noodles, some kind of meat, pancakes, bread, fruit, juice, coffee and tea. The rooms on the 3rd floor and above (deluxe) were airy, spacious and clean. The lower level rooms are basic but fine if you are on a tight budget. If you need a pool, there is one down the street that charges $5 per day for use. Put your laundry out in the morning and it comes back clean, on hangers in the afternoon (no extra charge). Tuk Tuk drive Polo is stationed outside. He speaks very good English, is friendly and knows the city well.

Room Tip: We booked the standard room with breakfast (for 2) at $28/night. Then we saw the deluxe room for $35/night with breakfast. There is a huge difference in room quality for only $7/night. Go for the upgrade!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Csabet
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at the golden gate on an extended business trip. I booked a suite as it had a small kitchen so I could prepare my own meals to avoid eating in restaurants every day. The room was clean and suited my needs, with a good sized bed and a desk. Internet was ok if I used the cable but the wifi was a bit hit and miss. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is ok, menu when it is quiet or buffet when busy, mostly asian food but that is what I like. Good location with plenty of international restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a balcony but can get street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business