$50
$42
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $55/night.

$77
$200
$152
Trip.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$35
TeaHouse(Phnom Penh)
$32
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree laundryshort or long stayindependence monumenttuk tuklaundry servicenoodlesspeak good englishwifiac
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Attracted by the balcony facing the street, we moved from bolyna palace to here. Yes, there are constructions around the area but if you closed all windows, you'll be fine. Breakfast (they even bring them to your room!) and free laundry provided everyday. Room is comfortable with good quality mattress and pillows. Will not hesitate to come back again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This was my first time in Cambodia but my traveling partner, my sister, has been many times. She always stays here. The staff really takes care of you and makes an effort to get to know you. They try to address you by name. Breakfast is very basic with eggs, rice or noodles, some kind of meat, pancakes, bread, fruit, juice, coffee and tea. The rooms on the 3rd floor and above (deluxe) were airy, spacious and clean. The lower level rooms are basic but fine if you are on a tight budget. If you need a pool, there is one down the street that charges $5 per day for use. Put your laundry out in the morning and it comes back clean, on hangers in the afternoon (no extra charge). Tuk Tuk drive Polo is stationed outside. He speaks very good English, is friendly and knows the city well.

Room Tip: We booked the standard room with breakfast (for 2) at $28/night. Then we saw the deluxe room for $35/night with breakfast. There is a huge difference in room quality for only $7/night. Go for the upgrade!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Csabet
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at the golden gate on an extended business trip. I booked a suite as it had a small kitchen so I could prepare my own meals to avoid eating in restaurants every day. The room was clean and suited my needs, with a good sized bed and a desk. Internet was ok if I used the cable but the wifi was a bit hit and miss. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is ok, menu when it is quiet or buffet when busy, mostly asian food but that is what I like. Good location with plenty of international restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a balcony but can get street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

So I was part of a large group that was working for an NGO in Cambodia building houses. I have been to Cambodia before but never to Phnom Penh. We arrived early in the morning around 9.30am and our rooms were ready for us to check in. I was in a Standard room (114) because I booked late and I have to say as many people have said this is a very nice hotel and you get want you pay for. The room was quite spacious and clean, bathroom was basic but functional. I would recommend unless you are on a tight budget go up the next level in rooms and ask for a window that looks outside. My room did have a window but it was of the building next door. I loved the fact that the laundry was included and done daily, especially as we were working outside each day so we didn't have to take smelly sweaty clothes home.
In general nice clean and cheap place, and convenient to a lot of bars & restaurants.

Room Tip: Tip, unless you are on a tight budget go for the Deluxe room as the Standard is okay but it is worth the extra couple of dollars to get a proper window.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We came as a group, paying $33 a dollar per night. The staff were friendly and the location is amazing but if you want the location we would have rather stayed at the kings boutique around the corner that comes with a pool and seemed to be the same price when we looked on booking.com. The best bit for us was that they did your laundry for free. For breakfast we ate elsewhere. Paulo was the our favourite tuk tuk driver, definitely worth asking for him as he gives you the right price so there is no need for haggling, you will find him outside the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013