$205
$200
$152
Trip.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

$58
$44
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $49/night.

$77
$66
$38
$33
  • Breakfast included
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
$51
White Mansion(Phnom Penh)
$80
$64
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree laundryshort or long stayindependence monumenttuk tuklaundry servicenoodlesspeak good englishwifiac
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at the golden gate on an extended business trip. I booked a suite as it had a small kitchen so I could prepare my own meals to avoid eating in restaurants every day. The room was clean and suited my needs, with a good sized bed and a desk. Internet was ok if I used the cable but the wifi was a bit hit and miss. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is ok, menu when it is quiet or buffet when busy, mostly asian food but that is what I like. Good location with plenty of international restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a balcony but can get street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

So I was part of a large group that was working for an NGO in Cambodia building houses. I have been to Cambodia before but never to Phnom Penh. We arrived early in the morning around 9.30am and our rooms were ready for us to check in. I was in a Standard room (114) because I booked late and I have to say as many people have said this is a very nice hotel and you get want you pay for. The room was quite spacious and clean, bathroom was basic but functional. I would recommend unless you are on a tight budget go up the next level in rooms and ask for a window that looks outside. My room did have a window but it was of the building next door. I loved the fact that the laundry was included and done daily, especially as we were working outside each day so we didn't have to take smelly sweaty clothes home.
In general nice clean and cheap place, and convenient to a lot of bars & restaurants.

Room Tip: Tip, unless you are on a tight budget go for the Deluxe room as the Standard is okay but it is worth the extra couple of dollars to get a proper window.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We came as a group, paying $33 a dollar per night. The staff were friendly and the location is amazing but if you want the location we would have rather stayed at the kings boutique around the corner that comes with a pool and seemed to be the same price when we looked on booking.com. The best bit for us was that they did your laundry for free. For breakfast we ate elsewhere. Paulo was the our favourite tuk tuk driver, definitely worth asking for him as he gives you the right price so there is no need for haggling, you will find him outside the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank explorer3413
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just stayed a week at this place, US$120 for a 6 night stay including breakfast and laundry service. The rooms are fairly clean, the bathroom is slightly weirdly laid out in that the shower is right next to the toilet (meaning it gets wet), and the beds are comfortable. All rooms have aircon plus a ceiling fan, a TV and a fridge. Great little place, I'd stay there again if going on my own though if I was going on a romantic trip or something, I might go for something a little more classy with a pool. Otherwise, there's a hotel round the corner that allows you to use their pool for US$5 including a free soft drink and a towel so if you want a pool AND a cheap room, staying here and swimming there is probably your best bet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steven V
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've stayed here several times and it's my "go-to" hotel in Phnom Penh. The standard rooms are nothing to write home about (and some are quite unpleasant, with fake windows and no natural light). The deluxe rooms are good value, though - spacious and clean, with big fridge, cable TV and free laundry service. The internet connection is reasonably reliable, though it doesn't work 100% of the time. I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful.

The location is great, though be aware that Street 278 is full of popular bars and restaurants, so it's not the place to stay if you're looking for a peaceful, quiet retreat. There are dozens of excellent places to eat within 5 minutes' walk of the hotel, and it's also near Lucky supermarket, ANZ bank, U-Care pharmacy and lots of other useful expat/tourist shops and services.

Note that some of the rooms (including the deluxe rooms) smell of stale cigarette smoke, even if you didn't specifically request a smoking room.

The breakfast is very poor, but with a fridge in the room and lots of restaurants nearby there is no need to rely on it.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo