$44
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $53/night.

$75
$31
The Pavilion(Phnom Penh)
$62
$56
  • Breakfast included
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
$39
$79
Agoda.com
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree laundryshort or long stayindependence monumenttuk tuklaundry servicenoodlesspeak good englishwifiac
Reviewed November 6, 2013

So I was part of a large group that was working for an NGO in Cambodia building houses. I have been to Cambodia before but never to Phnom Penh. We arrived early in the morning around 9.30am and our rooms were ready for us to check in. I was in a Standard room (114) because I booked late and I have to say as many people have said this is a very nice hotel and you get want you pay for. The room was quite spacious and clean, bathroom was basic but functional. I would recommend unless you are on a tight budget go up the next level in rooms and ask for a window that looks outside. My room did have a window but it was of the building next door. I loved the fact that the laundry was included and done daily, especially as we were working outside each day so we didn't have to take smelly sweaty clothes home.
In general nice clean and cheap place, and convenient to a lot of bars & restaurants.

Room Tip: Tip, unless you are on a tight budget go for the Deluxe room as the Standard is okay but it is worth the extra couple of dollars to get a proper window.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We came as a group, paying $33 a dollar per night. The staff were friendly and the location is amazing but if you want the location we would have rather stayed at the kings boutique around the corner that comes with a pool and seemed to be the same price when we looked on booking.com. The best bit for us was that they did your laundry for free. For breakfast we ate elsewhere. Paulo was the our favourite tuk tuk driver, definitely worth asking for him as he gives you the right price so there is no need for haggling, you will find him outside the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank explorer3413
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just stayed a week at this place, US$120 for a 6 night stay including breakfast and laundry service. The rooms are fairly clean, the bathroom is slightly weirdly laid out in that the shower is right next to the toilet (meaning it gets wet), and the beds are comfortable. All rooms have aircon plus a ceiling fan, a TV and a fridge. Great little place, I'd stay there again if going on my own though if I was going on a romantic trip or something, I might go for something a little more classy with a pool. Otherwise, there's a hotel round the corner that allows you to use their pool for US$5 including a free soft drink and a towel so if you want a pool AND a cheap room, staying here and swimming there is probably your best bet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steven V
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've stayed here several times and it's my "go-to" hotel in Phnom Penh. The standard rooms are nothing to write home about (and some are quite unpleasant, with fake windows and no natural light). The deluxe rooms are good value, though - spacious and clean, with big fridge, cable TV and free laundry service. The internet connection is reasonably reliable, though it doesn't work 100% of the time. I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful.

The location is great, though be aware that Street 278 is full of popular bars and restaurants, so it's not the place to stay if you're looking for a peaceful, quiet retreat. There are dozens of excellent places to eat within 5 minutes' walk of the hotel, and it's also near Lucky supermarket, ANZ bank, U-Care pharmacy and lots of other useful expat/tourist shops and services.

Note that some of the rooms (including the deluxe rooms) smell of stale cigarette smoke, even if you didn't specifically request a smoking room.

The breakfast is very poor, but with a fridge in the room and lots of restaurants nearby there is no need to rely on it.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Anonymous T
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We've stayed at the Golden Gate a number of times now, and will continue to do because it's great value for money. And also, they do your laundry every day for free!

Seriously, nice staff, great location, good price.

It's not The Raffles. It's very affordable. Don't expect more than what you're paying for.

Good location with a number of bars and restaurants in the same street. Recommend trying the pizza across the road, the pies from the pie shop down the road, the breakfast at Herb Cafe at the end of the street, and the drinks at Liquids bar down the road.

For me, the only negative is the breakfast. It's always cold. Skip it and grab something at Herb Cafe on the corner.

Good proximity to Lucky supermarket (walking distance or $1 tuk tuk), which also has a great liquor store and pharmacy next door.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road will be prone to street noise, but also have a view. Rooms at the back have a view of nothing - a brick wall at best - but they will be quieter. Pick your room location based on what's most important to you - ability to look at life passing by on the street, or peace and quiet at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends