$50
$44
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $50/night.

$77
$70
$200
$152
Trip.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$205
The Pavilion(Phnom Penh)
$70
$57
$33
  • Breakfast included
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
$51
$90
$79
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree laundryshort or long stayindependence monumenttuk tuklaundry servicenoodlesspeak good englishwifiac
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spending the summer in Phnom Penh working, and I needed to find a place to stay for my remaining 20 days. GG came recommended via tripadvisor. Our group (5 people, booking 3 rooms, and some staying for a full month) went to check it out, first looking at their annex and then looking at the main building. We were much more impressed with the main building, especially when the staff at both places gave us different prices, with the nicer rooms costing less than the equivialent at the annex. So we made reservations to check in on that coming Sunday. Upon check in we were told there were no available standard rooms so they had upgraded us for the night to the deluxe rooms, great! And that as soon as standard rooms were available they would take care of moving us, perfect, makes it easy for us.

Well the next day we returned to the hotel around midday to drop something off only to find out that we had been moved, across the street, into the annex. Instead of having one large bed, we were given two twin beds. Only two of the lightbulbs worked, our room was across from a large, overflowing trashcan, and when I walked into the building they didn't ask for any kind of identification (not even my name) and just gave me whatever key I asked for. My room smelled like urine, the other room smelled like weed. This morning after a very quick shower in the standard bathroom (shower over the toilet) the entire room was flooded, including where my laptop had been placed on the floor. We tried to talk to the front desk at the main hotel and were met with unsympathetic, unapologetic responses and they even blamed us for the fact that we were moved. The best they could offer was to let us know when another room becomes available, and all I want to do it unpack my bag somewhere.

Needless to say we are checking out.

The rooms in the main building are great, especially the deluxe rooms. Very comfortable. And the staff at night are very accommodating and helpful. If you are going to stay here and have a preference for a certain building, make sure to specify that upon checking in or making a reservation. Additionally, they allowed us to make a reservation even though they didn't have any available rooms (granted we were upgraded for free for the night, which was great) but just keep that in mind.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicole P
Reviewed June 15, 2013

All the other reviewers have said it. The hotel may not have the resort amenities but for those of us who work, the location and the value the staff add are so important. There are many restaurants and shops around, ANZ bank is just around the corner. Wat Lanka is so close you can join in the meditation there. Lucky supermarket is conveniently close as well.

We have stayed in this hotel for months sometimes since 2002 so we know the staff well and the owners have become really friends. The staff, Phalla, in our recent stay had pants shortened for my husband, pictures scanned for me and make photocopies for documents we needed in our meeting. Just love the noodle soup for breakfast.

Room Tip: The one in the picture is where we always stay but there are several choices of rooms at different prices.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed in this hotel upon my arrival (for the first time) in Cambodia for business. It is very good value for money and has most of the basics (e.g. working internet, AC and en-suite bathroom), but everything is pretty basic. But at this price, one can't complain really! It seemed clean and secure enough and although it was fairly quiet inside, I suspect that at times, the noise from outside could be enough to keep some awake.

It is well located in an area popular with tourists and although the hotel has an in-house restaurant, better eating places are available right outside. By European standards, it is all good value (which makes such a pleasant change to most of Africa and the Caribbean!) There is a decent supermarket nearby (Lucky Supermarket), plus plenty of other shops.

For a relatively short stay, this hotel is OK, but is likely to be too limiting for more than about a week.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank markthriscutt
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Unhappy experience at Golden Gate. Booked it based on positive trip advisor reviews, but having stayed in several hotels in Phnom Penh around this price I was very disappointed. The included breakfast is a plus point but quality of the buffet was poor and my choice limited to semi-warm pancakes and eggs with one piece of manufactured ham.

The room was large and very clean, but with zero natural light. More troubling for me was the atrocious bed which was back-breakingly uneven and weak. When I complained the next morning I was told I should have said something earlier, but I did not feel inclined to request a change of rooms upon retiring at midnight.

I was not able to take advantage of the fabled free laundry service as I was only staying one night. They only collect your laundry between 7am and 12 noon.

When the inquired if I would be staying another night at the same rate I was pleased to say 'no thank you'.

Upon checking out I was asked to pay $2 for the water provided in the room. I was not impressed with this and explained to the reception team that I had not been told of this cost in advance. Along with the other issues, as I related them to 'Theary' the net result was one unhappy customer.

I asked to speak to the manager to resolve the issue but was told he was not in the hotel and not available via telephone. I asked who was in charge and was told by Theary 'we all are'. Finally I asked what the reception team could do to prevent me walking away from the hotel as an unhappy customer. The response: 'I have no idea'.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jwbabyjoe
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Having spent nearly 6 weeks at the Golden Gate Hotel, we got to know the staff and the hotel pretty well. Pallah on reception is fabulous and can help with anything you require. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel is in a great location. The free laundry service is a great bonus. Just put your laundry in the basket outside your door each morning and it's back washed and ironed the same day. What a great service. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple