$49
$44
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $50/night.

$75
$216
$151
Trip.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
$39
$54
$63
White Mansion(Phnom Penh)
$79
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree laundryshort or long stayindependence monumenttuk tuklaundry servicenoodlesspeak good englishwifiac
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stay here with a group on an annual basis and despite my hotel princess tendencies, I really like it. It's not flashy nor flash, it's not posh and it's certainly not glam, but it is comfortable, safe and clean with very friendly staff and a top location on a fun street with lots of bars, spas and places to eat very close by. And they do your washing for free. For $25 or $35 per night, this is pretty good!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Coming to Cambodia for the first time, my expectations were somewhat low given our budget restrictions and my lack of experience in the culture. Alas, I was actually quite pleased! The AC blew cold, the staff was always extremely helpful, and the location was really great. They even did my laundry complimentary - daily if I wanted it! (I didn't, but it was great to know.) The lack of outdoor windows was somewhat of a bummer, but we got used to it. Overall - really good!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel each of the three times we've visited Phnom Penh in the past few years. It's a nice hotel in a great area away from the hustle and bustle of the river front.

We've never made a reservation to stay, but I'd recommend it as it's become much busier than when we first stayed four years ago. On our most recent stay, we were actually put in three different rooms for the five nights that we stayed. Of course, that is not fault of the hotel, and I am grateful that they were able to accommodate us on such short notice.

The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. We've stayed on both sides of the road, and we can say that each building has nice rooms. The free laundry service is wonderful--if you set them out in the morning, you will have clean clothes by the afternoon.

The staff are very friendly. We even had a staff member run out late at night to pick up some bus tickets for us at the station. (We made a last-minute decision to leave in the morning rather than afternoon).

This is not a luxury hotel, but it is nice if you are looking for a good, clean, cheap place to stay while in Phnom Penh.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

You can stay at the Golden Gate hotel in street 278 for $15/night. The room is reasonable but not lavish. The ones on the front are best (the ones at the back are either dingy or have too much noise from Sihanouk Boulevard. All the hotels nearby (Golden Sun, Golden Tour Eiffel) are of a similiar price. This has become the backpacker area of Phnom Penh (since they filled in the lake). Lots of cheap and good restaurants in the area. Near enough to the centre of town and plenty of waiting tuk tuks to get you to wherever you want (don't forget that $3 for a Tuk Tuk is more than enough to get from one end of the town to the other ! $1 to the riverfront from the Golden Gate is reasonable - but you have to bargain !)

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking street 278 (the main entrance). If you're in the annex any room with an outside window is OK (don't take the rooms with internal window - too noisy)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was our 4th visit here and each year we have bought different friends back with us. They all go away very happy and impressed with the standard and the service.
The rooms are clean, beds vary in hardness but I have always slept well. Breakfast is okay and the staff are always obliging.
Laundry is done for free so that was brilliant for us.
Location good as it isn't too far to walk or tuk tuk to places. At night, there are plenty of restaurants in walking distance and you feel quite safe in that area.
Would recommend it very much.

Room Tip: I prefer to choose a room that overlooks the street as I like looking at the activity below. The other rooms face a brick wall but are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends