“The Genocide Museum”

Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
Book In Advance
$58.00*
and up
Historical Phnom Penh Small-Group Tour, including Genocide Museum and Killing...
$61.25*
Half-Day Tuol Sleng Museum and Cheung Ek Killing Fields
$35.00*
Half-Day Tuol Sleng Museum and Russian Market Tour in Phnom Penh
Ranked #2 of 123 things to do in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Owner description: This former torture and detention center is now a museum dedicated to the victims of the Khmer Rouge.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have been twice now to Phnom Penh and to this museum. This is the most disturbing and worrying place outside of Europe and its Holocaust memorials. Could that happen again? But this murder of their own people by communist gangs under Pol Pot happened as recently as the late 1970's while the rest of the world let it happen. I will certainly go to Cambodia again, but honestly one visit to this museum is more than enough for one lifetime.

There are newer reviews for Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The atrocities carried out by the Khmer Rouge regime beggar belief. I was as moved here as I've ever been. I went planning to meet a friend there but he wound up in hospital and I would say it actually worked out better. Wonder round, read the information boards. Ponder the horror. It is not a place I had many words to share anyway so going alone was for the best

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I did this after going to the killing fields, and wished they would have also provided an audio tour. There were a lot of pictures which we very disturbing to see, and many photos of those executed - the children in the photos were the most difficult to look at. I think I would recommend the killing fields over this if you only have time for one, as that location provided so much more information and history.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The visit was very informative although it is a lot to take in. I would recommend taking a local guide to have the full story and understand the scope of what happened there. I would not recommend this visit to children. At the end of the visit, you have the opportunity to talk to 2 survivors

Reviewed October 24, 2012

compared to the killing fields (which i've done before) not so informative, but still something to see. the prison cells and pictures of the people tortured there. you can also meet survivors.