“Really relaxed space, nice vibe, with the softest beds so far on my travels.”
Review of The White Rabbit

The White Rabbit
Sydney, Australia
“Really relaxed space, nice vibe, with the softest beds so far on my travels.”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I originally planned to go to the Mad Monkey but went to the White Rabbit instead which I am glad I did. The atmosphere isn't really about partying but a more relaxed vibe and people are still social. Zack behind the bar is really cool he will give you recommendations about places to go in the area and he is just a really nice person to chat with. I stayed in room 4 upstairs for $6 a night and I was really impressed! The air con is so nice on a scorching day and the beds are really comfortable! The bathrooms are pretty good for hostel standard I've had a lot worse! The bar is a nice place to chill it is pretty small but there is a blackboard where they write down places to go at night. The staff aren't the fastest but they are friendly. Overall I would come back again.

• Stayed April 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed one night here, whilst on my way to Kratie and coming from Kampot. The australian guy (and sorry I don't remember your name) because everyone keeps just calling him 'Australian guy' checked me in. He's quite friendly and knowledgeable, definitely needed there. After checking into the dorm and a quick bite of street food, I returned to the small lounge area for happy hour. They have cheap Angkor beer on tap and I liked the social vibe having a small bar area provided. It's too bad they can't expand it though, as it's just one line of tables against the wall and a high top. They would need to knock out a wall though, no room. Anyway, ya I chatted with some nice people and chilled a bit. The "aussie" owner was gathering a group together to go watch his friend play at Top Banana. Although, I had an early bus to catch to Kratie I joined. All in all, it's a good hostel and compared to Top Banana probably a lot more chill. It was a Tuesday there, one dude with a guitar and a washboard player, and it was packed to the gills with drunk people. White Rabbit is chill, but still provides social opportunities. The only other thing, ya some of the staff sucked. One girl in particular, I felt like I was putting her out of the way when I asked for another beer, as compared to her other companion working who was super nice. The slightly rude girl kept picking at her nose (she had a cold) maybe just rubbing it, but it grossed me out. So I tried to avoid her on beer refills. One more thing, I hear a lot of complaints about the 'American owner.' Yeah, he's not social but so what. He obviously isn't owning a hostel for that, the 'Aussie' provides that aspect, so long as he isn't the one involved with greeting check in or outs, or anything else, it doesn't matter.

Room Tip: I just slept in the regular dorm, the first one right next to the hot shower. If you do want a hot s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed at the White Rabbit for 2 nights and wasn't really impressed. Some staff were helpful, while others barely acknowledged us. We sat at the table one morning waiting to order breakfast, but no one came- even though the staff member was sitting at the front desk doing nothing at all.

The food from their restaurant is also average at best.

Our room had a fan and air conditioning, very basic furnishings and a tiny bathroom.

The only thing I enjoyed was the lounge area with a large selection of movies.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

A very clean, safe and relaxed guesthouse/dorm for travellers. The lounge is very cozy and ppl are supernice! Simply the best place to stay in Phnom Penh if you have a budget trip and you dont wanna spend too much money. The beer is cheap and internet works well :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The 'Rabbit is one of the best hostels I've stayed in... Run by a great bunch of expats, has a real comfortable relaxing vibe with good food and great drink prices. Not crazy like the Mad Monkey etc, but the perfect place to base yourself whilst in PP. The staff are only to happy to help with any advice, bookings etc, and will take you out every night to the best bars and clubs and help you to party hard if you please.
I'll definitely be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed in a double bed with bathroom. It had AC and a fan which both worked well. However the window in the room had only a very thin curtain and it looked out into the corridor so people could see in pretty much the whole time. My boyfriend and I both felt the service was pretty cold, and it was like the staff really didn't want to be there or help you out. Had a very backpacker vibe and because we didn't use the ps2 that became rather annoying as it was very loud (although they do switch it off at 11pm which was good).
It was quite far away from everything and you needed to get a tuk tuk ride anywhere really but they all hang out outside.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
uk
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night as a stop over to siem reap. The tut tut driver found it difficult to find but eventually we got there.

It had a really nice atmosphere, tv room, book swapping.
I stayed in the 10 bed dorm. Really spacious, clean, own power point and light. The bathrooms were good too, and a nice powerful shower. It's good to feel clean again and sleep in a clean bed!

The staff helped sort out my bus trip and recommendations for food.

Best nights sleep I've had in a while

• Stayed February 2014