“The best place to stay in Phnom Pehn”
Review of The White Rabbit

The White Rabbit
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“The best place to stay in Phnom Pehn”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

A very clean, safe and relaxed guesthouse/dorm for travellers. The lounge is very cozy and ppl are supernice! Simply the best place to stay in Phnom Penh if you have a budget trip and you dont wanna spend too much money. The beer is cheap and internet works well :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The 'Rabbit is one of the best hostels I've stayed in... Run by a great bunch of expats, has a real comfortable relaxing vibe with good food and great drink prices. Not crazy like the Mad Monkey etc, but the perfect place to base yourself whilst in PP. The staff are only to happy to help with any advice, bookings etc, and will take you out every night to the best bars and clubs and help you to party hard if you please.
I'll definitely be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed in a double bed with bathroom. It had AC and a fan which both worked well. However the window in the room had only a very thin curtain and it looked out into the corridor so people could see in pretty much the whole time. My boyfriend and I both felt the service was pretty cold, and it was like the staff really didn't want to be there or help you out. Had a very backpacker vibe and because we didn't use the ps2 that became rather annoying as it was very loud (although they do switch it off at 11pm which was good).
It was quite far away from everything and you needed to get a tuk tuk ride anywhere really but they all hang out outside.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
uk
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night as a stop over to siem reap. The tut tut driver found it difficult to find but eventually we got there.

It had a really nice atmosphere, tv room, book swapping.
I stayed in the 10 bed dorm. Really spacious, clean, own power point and light. The bathrooms were good too, and a nice powerful shower. It's good to feel clean again and sleep in a clean bed!

The staff helped sort out my bus trip and recommendations for food.

Best nights sleep I've had in a while

• Stayed February 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We went to White Rabbit for a long weekend back in mid October (I know, I like to dwell on my experiences!) having never been to Cambodia before. We chose this hostel mainly for its central location and reasonable price.

Straightaway you are greeted by a open door "welcome" vibe as the lobby is the bar. My partner and I had a private double room with our own toilet/bathroom facilities. We were the closest room to the lounge area but were never disturbed by noise from the social area however, our room did occasionally smell of smoke. The room itself had quite weak Air con but fans meant it was still comfortable during the warm, humid night. It was definitely basic but that was a bonus for us as we wanted to get out, see and experience Phnom Penh. In my opinion basic is fine as long as it is clean which the whole property is.

For us, the best part of staying here was how fantastic and helpful the staff were. They assisted with everything from transport, restaurants and their prices and went as far as to invite us to go with them on evenings out which we were incredibly grateful for (we had a great friday night) and felt it was above and beyond their role. Zack (Issac) worked each evening we were there and is one of the owners of the White Rabbit. His laid-back vibe, friendly manner, expertise in the local area and immense welcome was a huge contributor to our good time here. Other members of staff seemed a little reserved but still helpful. I would definitely recommend for anyone wanting to be central to town as most places are a comfortable walk or tuk-tuks are incredibly reasonable. Their drinks are very reasonable too, so we definitely took advantage of that too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Decent budget option in Phnom Penh, has a bar area for socialising with good happy hour prices. Not much natural light in the room but thats fairly standard, it was clean and in a good location for seeing the sights.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Having moved to Cambodia in late 2013 I have spent many a night here socialising as have to say it feels like home! The staff are great, the food is great and I've met some great friends here already! Ask for a Vince martini or "The Vince" as it's his specialty!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends