“Friendly, cheap and cheerful!!”
Review of 3 Mangos

3 Mangos
Ranked #51 of 322 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
“Friendly, cheap and cheerful!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed 2 nights before traveling to a friends (of both myself and Eden, the owner) wedding and another 2 nights on my way back. Stayed in the lowest and medium priced double bedrooms. For a budget the lowest priced is fantastic though not as clean but that was more down to me not booking ahead so didn't have time to prepare the room but Eden was very apologetic for this and offered a discount ($12).The medium priced ($28) was very clean and spacious.

They have no website to book rooms which is a tad annoying (if you're reading Eden, sort it out!) but I can't stress how much I enjoyed my stay. All the staff are warm and friendly (most are related to Eden's wife, so their English is decent).

There is a nice community of ex-pats I know that drink there so it has a nice relaxing and fun atmosphere at the bar or swimming pool. It has an upstairs area to hold special events so be aware it can be noisy depending but personally I enjoyed that kind of atmosphere. Majority of the time it had a very chilled vibe.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The 3 mangos has pros- good location, good food, very nice local staff, pool.
Cons: very dirty room, extremely expensive for what you get compared to other places in Cambodia. Very noisy at night since it is an ex-pat hang out, but you may like that atmosphere.
I was quoted $22 as the lowest price for a room and my friend was quoted $18 for the same room. I think that is really dodgy.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Antananarivo, Madagascar
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The walls of the bedroom were dirty, the door full of holes, the noise (big birthday party until 6am) amazing...2 dollars of discount when I complained about all this. the owne does not give a s... about guests.

1 Thank Olivierk70
Maitland, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is our second trip to Cambodia with 2 teenagers now 15 & 17 yrs old. We found 3 Mangos Guesthouse right here on Trip Advisor and were very happy we tried it out. Its budget but the rooms are large and the beds are huge king size with clean fresh linen. Mattress and pillows are comfortable, which is important as we have stayed places where both were hard as rocks or pillows flat as a tack resulting in a sore neck or back. A picture/painting or two on the walls and 2 side tables in each room might make the space warmer and take it up a notch from budget, but that's minor stuff, as long as it is nice & clean which it is.

We stayed there only a couple of weeks ago in early July 2013 for 3 nights at only $22 USD per room per night with a great swimming pool in nice tropical surroundings, bar, restaurant and large billiard table & free wifi. Breakfast was not included in the price but is available. They are happy to supply you with towels for the pool also, just ask. Meals are nice but if you want to eat out, there is nothing nearby without taking a tuk tuk ride to eat. They provide both Khmer & western meals and happy hour with a few expats that hang out there. It is in a quiet location with no shops or restaurants nearby but getting around by tuk tuk is easy & cheap and there is one mostly out the front or down the road so be prepared to use them if you stay here.

Lovely ambience and relaxing atmosphere here, would definately stay next time we come to PP and I am recommending it to everyone. This business, running as a guesthouse is only 1 year old and as yet, the English owner Eden, hasn't got a website, hence why there are not many reviews here. Eden is very friendly and accommodating of any requests, as too his staff and family.

We ate one night at the Blue Dog Bar/Restaurant, about a 10-15 min walk (or $1 tuk tuk) towards Independance monument on Street 51 and the meal was great. The Khmer owner Kok was very friendly and actually chatted with us for about 20 mins, his English was very good with $2 cocktails during happy hour(s).

The pool fence pictured in other travellers photos is no longer there on the house side, so if you have little children you will need to watch them. Old style box televisions are in the rooms and unfortunately the picture is a little snowy, hopefully Eden will source out a new TV antenna one day.

We certainly had a lovely time at 3 Mangos Guesthouse, it actually has a homely feel being so small with only 8 rooms, but the house itself is quite spacious, with a few places to chill out and read a book if you like in the communal upstairs lounge or on the upper or lower balconies. We didn't have any problems with noise from the bar or billiard room while we were there but we stayed Monday-Thursday, so not sure if there is any partying on the weekends.

Their phone number is on their facebook page and is +855 17 776 212

Room Tip: We had rooms 5 & 6. Room 5 was in between 2 rooms with no exterior window only a window to the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cambo2009
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is my second review of 3 Mangos, I first stayed there about 5 months ago. I recently stayed here again for a week. The prices of the rooms have gone up ever so slightly since I last stayed; I think this is fair considering everything you get when you stay here - not just a nice clean, comfy ensuite room but also an on-site restaurant that serves late, bar, and lovely pool - and they have pet rabbits now too!

As always, Eden and his wife and staff are super happy to answer your many questions about everything Phnom Penh/Cambodia/practical stuff and give advice, and the atmosphere at 3 Mangos is so relaxed. I like the family-friendly vibe of the place and the setting around the pool is just beautiful.

Staying for a week allowed me to try a lot more of the menu and overall, I was impressed. The chicken amok is especially good, as is the vege breakfast. I like that beer is always served in frosted glasses.

The staff - in particular Tey, Chai (-sp?) and La (-sp?) really make the place. I loved it when they shared fresh mangos from the guesthouses trees with me, and showed me how to eat sour mango with chilli salt. Makes you feel so welcome.

They always play good music in the bar too!

1 Thank harbourgirl_11
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

mI think this was a 1 off yet Im sure there will be more..!! and there should be.. a beautiful villa with swimming pool and lush courtyard set the scene for a good night of stand up comedy..!! Although a great guest house in itself, this could onlyhave been a bonus for any guests..yet by 10'ish he night had wound down with respect to any guests!! - A friend stayed here previously and would recommend here as would I..I got to ise the pool for free..!! - Nice friendly family vibe yet with a decent and amuzing expat crowd.. Cool place

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We just had a horrible night at 3 mangos. The boyfriend of one of the staff members gave his birthday party on the roof of the hotel. Meaning, on top of our room! Loud music till 5:30 in the morning. 'Fortunately' we had to get up at 6 to catch our boat to Vietnam. Very weird that a hotel owner think it is ok for the staff to give a party that keeps all his guest awake all night.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple