“Pretty good”

L'Orchidee Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 1,475 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cambodian, European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dear Value Customers, Please be informed that our kitchen will close at 10:00pm, so our last order will be 9:40pm. The rest of you who have already enjoyed your meal, you can continue staying until late. Thanks, L'Orchidee Restaurant
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This restaurant is a nice little escape from the hustle and bustle of the Russian market. My friend and I both had amok (fish for her, chicken for me) and morning glory with oyster sauce. The fish amok was very good, but I found the chicken amok to be a little overcooked. The morning glory was delicious. The staff were all very nice, and the owner came over repeatedly to check on us. Plus, they give you a small order or snails and some type of green while you wait for your food. I will definitely be returning to L'Orchidee!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just home from a meal here.

Menu is almost strictly meat/seafood based which had I known before hand I wouldn't have went (a friend recommended knowing I was a veggie!).

They serve fried rice with egg which isn't advertised on the menu so I had to send it back but this was no issue and within minutes a fresh plate minus egg was on my table.

The food was average as I was restricted to eating fried rice so I can't give a full review of how it rates for the main dishes.

The staff were lovely as was the owner letting us try some passion fruit cake for free.

I wouldn't go back due to the lack of options but its a lovely little place that makes you feel welcome.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

L'Orchidee is a little out of the way for most visitors to Phnom Penh. Whilst it's not far from the frequently visited Russian Markets, the usual eating haunts of the riverfront and St 278 and surrounds, are well away from this somewhat obscure location. For those prepared to spend the time though, this restaurant is well worth the visit. This was probably the best and cheapest food we had while we were in Phnom Penh this time round. I was part of a large group, and Patrice and his team opened up the restaurant for us (having booked well in advance) on their usual night off. It was obviously worth their while as we were certainly not the only ones there. The Amok was the best I've had in my many visits to Cambodia and almost everyone in the group spoke very highly of their own selections. Even bearing in mind that you're eating in Phnom Penh, the restaurant cats were a little off putting, and I'd be happy to see a little less of them next time round. Cats notwithstanding, the service was excellent with the staff very attentive (but not overly so) to our needs. All in all a very pleasant experience that I look forward to replicating in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Been two times. Very good value, very good food. A good place for dinner. Staff are very friendly. A good choice if you are looking for both local and western food.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stumbled upon L'Orchidee Restaurant on my first trip to Phnom Penh, and I must say I was positively impressed not only by the food but also by the warm welcome I received from the owner and his wife and the overall atmosphere of the restaurant.

1  Thank TucciZia