“Great restaurant near Russian Market”

L'Orchidee Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 1,481 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cambodian, European
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dear Value Customers, Please be informed that our kitchen will close at 10:00pm, so our last order will be 9:40pm. The rest of you who have already enjoyed your meal, you can continue staying until late. Thanks, L'Orchidee Restaurant
Reviewed May 6, 2013

L'Orchidee is a great restaurant located close to the Russian Market. The owner and staff are very friendly and welcoming and clearly take a lot of pride in what they do. The service was spot on and the food was delicious and really good value - we shared three dishes between two of us and had two jugs of beer and the total bill was around $18. We even got complimentary desserts which was a nice gesture and we'll definitely be back soon. Try the goat's cheese salad, it's delicious!

1  Thank Nat S

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Tonight we ate at this restaurant as we were looking for something special for the last night of our three week holiday.
We were so happy we did!! It was nice to have some choices on the menu as three weeks eating similar food was getting a little bit tiresome. My kids and I chose pasta and my partner had beef stroganoff which we all loved.
The service was excellent. The owner/manager/head chef(?) also greeted us and came over to explain to my son how he cooks the carbonara .It was a very comforting feeling that he obviously cared! The atmosphere was so relaxing and overall we had a great night. The food and drinks were priced very well. And to top it off the owner brought to our table a complimentary tapioca dessert which was delightful!! We loved everything about this restaurant....except the toilet door which didn't lock .... something so minor. The location was lovely and quiet, and a $3 tuk tuk ride got us there no worries. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to anyway heading to Phnom Penh!!

1  Thank ospreybackpacks
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Having dinner in Phnom Penh, Orchidee is very attractive for both of its food and services. The entire area looks valuable for having food and relaxing,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been going here since moving to Phnom Penh in September 2012, and it has become something of a regular dinner for me and my friends. It is an incredibly warm atmosphere, with great outdoor seating, nice background music, adorable pets, and two lovely owners who know how to make their guests feel comfortable. The food is great as well - the fish amok and tom yum soup stand out for the khmer dishes, as do things for the more adventurous, such as beef tongue with ants. For the european dishes, you can always rely on Patrice's great lasagne, spaghetti, or peppered steak for comfort food from home. I don't think my experience in Phnom Penh would be at all the same without L'Orchidee Restaurant just a few minutes away from my house. Whether spending a quick dinner there or four hours on a Sunday evening enjoying a full meal with friends and the company of Kenzo the puppy, l'Orchidee is a gem in Phnom Penh.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Living and working in Phnom Penh, having chosen an apartment away from BKK1 and the likes, - more precisely near the Russian Market, L'Orchidé has become a haven to me as well as several friends, - in my case ever since the first visit some months back.
From the minute you walk through the gate of l'Orchidé you not only feel at home, but you move slowly into an ambience that somehow charge your batteries fully, - supported by a vague feeling that this level of quality is very strong and certainly possible away from BKK1 etc.
The outdoor dining area has been designed so well as far as colour, light, furniture, flora etc. are concerned supported by the friendliness and hospitality of the owner, his wife and entire staff. Some of the nicest people I have met in Cambodia.
Having been a frequent guest for a long time it is a great pleasure to see how the restaurant has become more and more frequented by expats as well as by Khmer people, not only from the local area but from various parts of Phnom Penh. Among others an aspect reflected in a well composed menu offering the most delicious food that you only find at the very top.
One good indicator is to watch how expats enjoy eating there, but to a greater extent how Khmer friends enjoy eating in l'Orchidé and how their eyes shine on every suggestion of returning to the place.
I shall refrain from a focus on any particular dish, but share a mutual smile with a fantastic place and its great, great staff by saying: 'Chocolate mousse!'.
It can be no surprise: as I'm writing the decisions has been made: dinner at l'Orchidé tonight.