“Home away from home”

L'Orchidee Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 1,470 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cambodian, European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dear Value Customers, Please be informed that our kitchen will close at 10:00pm, so our last order will be 9:40pm. The rest of you who have already enjoyed your meal, you can continue staying until late. Thanks, L'Orchidee Restaurant
“Home away from home”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My friends and I have been going to L'Orchidee every Sunday night for the past few months and it's always the highlight of the week. The food is reliably delicious and is prepared with some genuine TLC. Patrice and his wife (along with their pets) will make you feel right at home and will both go out of their way to make your dining experience as pleasurable as possible. Sunday nights are particularly excellent as Patrice tends to make specials including steaks, braised pork leg, dim sum, etc. Some highlights of the menu include Tom Yum chicken soup, Lemongrass chicken, lasagna, and, of course, the fish amok. L'Orchidee is truly the perfect spot for a leisurely yet intimate dinner experience. I'm so grateful to have found a restaurant like this in my seven months in Phnom Penh!

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Wonderful food, wonderful people.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This restaurant is fantastic! I moved to Phnom Penh just under a year ago and was introduced to the place by a good friend of mine who couldn't speak highly enough of it, and I'm sure glad they did as I've been coming back ever since! I've recommended this place myself to countless people and I don't know anybody who has been and not come away thinking it's great.

The ambiance here is relaxed, but the service is always attentive. The staff are very kind and the French owner and his Cambodian wife take pleasure in explaining about the food and recommending dishes to try.

I would say I have eaten here more that 30 times, when busy and when empty, and I have yet to eat anything I haven't enjoyed. The European food is as good as the Khmer and Thai food, which is very rare thing in Phnom Penh in my experience, and I always know that whatever I order I know it's going to be delicious.

It is tucked down a road less that five minutes South of the Russian Market, so it is convenience for tourists visiting the area, or expats who live in the city and want to eat an excellent meal, cooked with attention to detail by a team that really know their food.

The prices are very reasonable, the beer is cold and the food is great. What's there not to like?!

• Visited April 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Authentic SE Asia feel with excellent food and great management.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Phnom Penh for 30 daysand ate here numerous as it was near my guesthouse. Despite trying many many other places still loved this restaurant.
The atmosphere really brings out that French influence thats so interesting in cambodia and vietnam etc.
The food is magnificent. They make every dish like it's home made for family. Attention to detail and flavors from all over SE Asia. Which is what the owners goal is to offer the best of all indochina cuisine.
Very friendly management greets all the customers all day. Very helpful even for tourist questions and the like. Never made me feel like I was asking too much. Owner is french and his wife is Cambodian they both speak excellent English.
Wine and beer are reasonable.
If I were to go back to Phnom Penh there's no question I would go back here to eat.
One small thing as a tip. Themosquitoes are a bit active at night in Phnom Penh and it's open air so take repellent or wear it. I didn't have any problem once I wore repellent.

1 Thank NVDDS
Bridlington, England, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant meal”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

A lovely setting and cool in the early evening. A great menu and very kind and obliging staff. The restaurant owner was very welcoming.

Visited March 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“A lovely restaurant with friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We arrived at the restaurant on a sunday evening and with such high reviews we did expect to see a few tables dining, although I appreciate that some might consider it to be to far out of the city, it was only minutes walk from our hostel. We were, however, the only people in the restaurant which at first made us hesitate but then consider that the ratings must be good for a reason!
We spent a while looking at the menu at the door to make sure that the food suited our fancy, while the owner of the restaurant popped over to greet us. The owner is French and very chatty, in a good way though :) he asked us our preferences, gave advice and even suggested a dish that wasn't on the menu for us to try. The cambodian staff don't speak that much, but they understand enough to get the order right. Our drinks came promptly and were freshly made. Our food came separately but both within a reasonable amount of time. I have come to understand that opposed to in the UK where food is served to parties when all the dishes are ready, in Asia dishes come individually when they are ready. This is so much better in ensuring that your food is served hot.
After the mains we weren't sure about dessert but were tempted by the chocolate mouse and were delighted by it.
A nice touch by the restaurant is that with your main dish they provide a glass of iced tea and after your mains a small plate of watermelon, free of charge.
All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant and were grateful of the advice given by the owner.