“Awesome food, great margaritas and fantastic service!”

Taqueria Corona Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 1,472 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Newly opened Mexican restaurant promising an “authentic taste of Mexico.” Cochinita pibil, carne asada, tequila shrimp, 'Texas chain-gang chili,' carnitos, Mission burritos and Ensenada fish tacos. Full bar, margaritas, Mexican beer and more. Fully air-conditioned. Western managed.
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I read one negative review about this restaurant but I could not disagree more! Taqueria is hands down the best Mexican you can get in Cambodia. Margaritas are awesome (try passion fruit, you won't regret it!) - fajitas are great and so are the tacos. Their chicken churrasco sandwiches are sooo flavorful ... The service is outstanding, food is great - my family and I have been going to Taqueria once a week for the past two years!

1  Thank Paula M
There are newer reviews for Taqueria Corona Restaurant

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I visited here today, and I was disappointed. I had read the reviews on Tripadvisor and maybe expected too much. I had the fish tacos and they were standard (or perhaps worse than standard). Even by Asian standards, this is not good Western food.

The staff were nice, and falling over themselves helpful. However, they seemed to all be laughing at something and I didn't understand the joke. For some reason that created an uncomfortable environment.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I found this restaurant thru TA on my last visit to Phnom Penh. More than I expected. Went several times. Its a very popular local Mexican restaurant for a good reason. Service is excellent & friendly. The owners are very engaged with their customers & attentive to their needs. The decor is warm, Mexicana colors. The tacos and enchilada dishes were large portions & delicious. My first time was a Friday night to a packed house. I sat at the bar, staffed with a very friendly bar tender who offered a free taste to test a strawberry margarita. The owners were delightful. I returned again the following week. Definitely I will be back on my next visit to PP.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We heard about this restaurant from our friend in Sihanoukville, he grew up eating Mexican and he recommended we check in out during our time in Phnom Penh.

IMPORTANT: The directions given on here are a bit misleading because of the way the city is laid out. The easiest way to find it is to Google magnolia restaurant, Taqueria Corona is right across the street!

We ate fish tacos, as well as shrimp tacos and a nacho dish. The smoothies were also amazing. Everything was at a very fair price. Highly recommended this place!

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Having lived in PP for 4 years I have visited just about every restaurant in town. As far as Mexicans are concerned this is the best in town. The food is authentic, the coronas cold, the margheritas spicy and the staff excellent. 5 stars....