“Wonderful Mexican Food”

Taqueria Corona Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 1,404 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Newly opened Mexican restaurant promising an “authentic taste of Mexico.” Cochinita pibil, carne asada, tequila shrimp, 'Texas chain-gang chili,' carnitos, Mission burritos and Ensenada fish tacos. Full bar, margaritas, Mexican beer and more. Fully air-conditioned. Western managed.
Pouch Cove, Canada
“Wonderful Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were very impressed by the quality of their great variety mixed drinks which may in turn have lead to greater enjoyment of their food. Fast friendly service even with a table of sixteen Aussies next to us. Thanks for the shots mates! We will return.

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
“My Phnom Penh Canteen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

TOURIST TIP: If you sit down in a Phnom Penh restaurant and the menu is offering pasta, pizza, Cambodian, Thai, burgers, Mexican and seafood: RUN!

Normal caveats: I am from SoCal, been to Mexico, my mom’s uncle’s cousin by his second marriage has three Mexican friends; in other words I have a little experience in this food area…

After years of disappointing experiences eating “Mexican/CaliMex” in Asia it took me months of driving past Taqueria Corona before I could bring myself to face yet another massive disappoint. Boy was I wrong!

Since that fateful day, Taqueria Corona has become my go-to place in Phnom Penh when I want a good meal, prompt friendly service and a relaxing ambiance. I should note that on average I go to Taqueria Corona 4 times per week, so that means you have ~20% chance of finding me there if you go. Not kidding.

The real miracle of this place is the consistency; a rare commodity among purveyors of foreign foods in Phnom Penh. I would note that I had no knowledge of the owners before I set foot in Taqueria Corona, but I have since come to admire their dedication to quality and ensuring a positive customer experience. This is again a rare thing in my wonderful city. The prices are also quite good for the quality of food and well calibrated to the market.

On the food & drink:
1) Hands-down best margaritas in town (and plenty strong)
2) Sizzling fajitas are great and portions generous
3) “Allen Style Nachos” are a grand feast
4) If you like spicy, ask for their excellent homemade variety
5) Specials like the “Echo Park Burrito” are a nice touch
6) No funny taste!! For some reason this is a problem when ordering Mexican food at many other places in town. I have not been able to figure out what it is exactly, but so many places in Cambodia have weird tasting salsas. Best I can figure is that it’s because the cooks (through no fault of their own) are adding extraneous ingredients. These also happen to be places that offer Cambodian food, pizza, burgers and everything else on their menu so I'm sure a little dash of soya in the salsa is possible. At TC there is none of that nonsense. It helps that Will [the chef/owner] actually knows what Mexican food should taste like.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“A great mexican food restaurant were it in Phnom Penh or San Diego”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Can't say how much I and my family love this restaurant. This is not just a one time experience, but over multiple times and menu items. Great friendly service in a cozy, relaxing atmosphere. All the menu items are great, but the carnitas tacos and baja fish tacos are exceptional.
Definitely the best Mexican food you will find in Phnom Penh on a standard that would be successful anywhere closer to the Mexican border.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Back For Round Two”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

It's funny; I regularly review on tripadvisor and had forgotten I'd already reviewed Taqueria Corona. Went there tonight with my husband, our second time in a few months, and the owner came up to us and was incredibly nice. The black bean nachos, barbacoa tacos, and margaritas were all excellent. I came home ready to write a stellar review, and found that I already had back in August when I first arrived in Cambodia. This is a sign of consistently excellent service and food. Make it a must-do on your trip. (Also, they had Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for all you American beer aficionados!)

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Fab mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

FabulouseMexican food - really tasty, although not spicy enough for us. Friendly staff. A little pricey for Cambodian standards, but we thought it was worth it.

Visited October 2013