“Just tasty”

La Patate
Ranked #241 of 1,472 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Welcome to the "La Patate" concept ! Two restaurants are daily without close! We are pleased to welcome you in our establishment in a tasteful décor , air conditioning, piped music ... You will find all the Belgian and French specialties at reasonable prices . A service to eat in or takeaway roast chickens accompanied by fries or potatoes and other specialties requests! Two atmospheres , atmosphere relaxes " snack " or an air conditioned atmosphere , magical, choice !! warm and friendly atmosphere guaranteed !!
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I did browse tripadvisor on the search to a decent european meal and read about La Patate. So I went there for a dinner.
I must say that I had a great meal, vol au vent with fries. The dish was really well filled, and after finishing it I was so full! It was really delicious! Fries were ok, but not as mentioned as in the other reviews, where they write that they are home made fries. Real belgian fried do really taste a bit better.
Anyway, over all had a great meal! But I think it was a bit pricy, incl a soda I payed around 11usd, where normally you can get a good european meal for about 6 or so.

6  Thank Sammypla
There are newer reviews for La Patate

Reviewed April 30, 2013

La Patate is a nice little restaurant serving Belgian and French specialties. The French fries are probably the best you can get in Cambodia. The choice of Belgian beers is awesome. The meat is properly cooked and the sauces are great. The wine list has a wide variety of choices from many countries. A bit pricey for PP but you can t get good food for nothing. The owner is very sympathetic and they make cruise dinners every Sundays.

1  Thank philuxbown
Reviewed January 20, 2013

If you like a good Belgian beer, like a Duvel, or want to choose one of the typical Belgian dishes with the best fries in town, yes that is the place to be! A great selection of dishes and deserts and not to forget the home blended coffee... you will not find a better spot in PHnom Penh.

3  Thank dewittedirk
Reviewed January 15, 2013

As Belgians, we couldn't skip a dinner in La Patate. I got my favourite menu from my childhood: Belgian fries, roasted chicken and home made mashed apples. Excellent!

2  Thank Katrien86
Reviewed August 13, 2012

While walking in PP, we saw an advert of La Patate on a tuk-tuk. So we wanted to give it a try.
And is was well worth it. The fries are good and you get mayonnaise with them. Also the bazooka (fries in a french baguette) is really good. The real highlight however is the freshly made steak tartare (or americain préparé as we call it).

2  Thank Djoepe