2,326 results
All reviews elephant bar landmark room butler service colonial charm classic hotel beautiful hotel five star hotel during happy hour breakfast buffet public areas siem reap main building welcome drink tuk tuk an oasis small balcony busy city
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2016

This was my 1st visit to the Raffles Le Royale and from the moment of my recent evening arrival, with the property festively adorned for the Holiday Season, it brought joy to a business travel just before returning to my home for the Holidays. Beyond that welcoming ambiance, one then gets to experience the care and professionalism of the entire Raffles staff - all there to assist and please - a welcome condition when traveling at such a special time of year. Needless to say, I truly enjoyed my stay, and know where in Phnom Penh I hope to return to with my spouse in future.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear TMSLivesAloha,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Raffles Hotel Le Royal and our team was able to bring you Holiday Cheer during your business trip.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 26, 2016

This hotel is situated in a nice safe part of the city close by to a number of embassy's and large wide avenues. The nearest landmark is Wat Prohm, which is a short walk away. The moment you enter you are treated to the 'red carpet' treatment, literally they have a beautiful red carpet laid out on the entrance steps. There's definitely a '5 star' welcome with the door staff and front of house. Let's start with the room which in our case was a Landmark room located on the 2nd floor. The room was spacious enough complete with wardrobe and sufficient hanging / drawer space, unlike a few on this recent trip. Nice dressing table small sofa at the foot of the bed, chair and usual trimmings such as minibar and a really good sized TV with excellent picture quality / lots stations (however no Sky TV or movies on offer) plenty of fresh fruit, water and a very nice bathroom, complete with large shower cubicle and lovely free standing bath. The bathroom was also very well lit complete with make up / shaving mirror which again a few recent rooms have failed to deliver. The main plus for us on this particular stay was the added benefit of having (we didn't have prior knowledge,so nice surprise) our own butler service. This meant that we could ask them to bring us complementary tea / coffee any time day or night, empty / pack our cases, shine shoes even 'draw ' a bath for us with our choice of bath salts! (draw being a new word learnt ) We didn't take up any of the options listed above save for the tea / coffee but the butler was discrete and there at the end of a phone if required.They also noticed when you returned after an evening out to check if you wanted anything before going to sleep. (for those of my age it reminded me of the children tv programme Mr Ben, when "as if by magic..the shopkeeper appeared) i was initially a little cautious as this was my first experience but I needn't have worried as our butler (Mr Pok Piseth - see pic) was so kind, gracious and helpful and as previously mentioned a fantastic bonus to just having regular room service. The hotel has two nice sized pools, one shallow fun pool the other deeper situated in a beautiful courtyard. The breakfast was the best we had experienced so far on our Asian holiday following two previous hotels in Hanoi and Siem Reap. Lots of choices, even bacon was offered two ways,cooked crispy (as Americans seem to like) and cooked a little less (more my taste, still well cooked but at least doesn't crumble to a powder the second you eat it) Also beautiful cut comb honey which I only noticed on my last day. There's a central small bar area in main vestibule and also a lovely Elephant Bar, where we enjoyed cocktails and listened to the piano being played. The drinks in the Elephant Bar are pricey but not unusually so for an establishment such as this. Service during our stay was first class and every member of the team very polite, always with a nice smile. We spent one evening enjoying an excellent buffet, which was on offer at around 27$ and also 13$ extra for endless wine / beer. They also did a more extensive buffet including BBQ with fabulous seafood on the Saturday evening, unfortunately we had other plans. I was surprised that we were the only diners the evening we ate so atmosphere lacking but made more memorable as we enjoyed the company of a local family, whose father worked at the hotel. This family were very polite indeed and it was a shame they had to leave early. I wonder how long the hotel will be able to continue this dining experience / offer with so little uptake? There was also a fabulous looking more formal French style restaurant which we didn't have chance to try. To sum up a memorable experience at a beautiful hotel with extremely well trained staff (who often remembered our names, which is a lovely touch) definitely worthy of its 5 stars and I would highly recommend to anyone who fancies being pampered whilst on holiday or indeed a business trip. well done Raffles Phnom Penh.

Room tip: Landmark room = butler service
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank davidmlowe

Dear davidmlowe,

Thank you for taking the time to share in great detail your most recent experience at the Raffles Hotel Le Royal.

We are pleased that you enjoy the facilities and charm of our heritage address. Your feedback regarding the excellent service is greatly appreciated by the team and we have also shared your feedback with Piseth and recognized him accordingly.

We would be delighted to have you stay with us when returning to Phnom Penh and hope each visit is even more memorable then the last.

Reviewed December 25, 2016 via mobile

Everything you'd expect and more from a Raffles property. Incredibly warm and friendly staff, gorgeous grounds, luxurious rooms and plenty of little extras that made our Christmas truly special. Make a point of having a drink at their Elephant Bar. You'll be surprised to learn they do have a happy hour that runs from 4pm til 9pm. A magic hotel. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Andrew B,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Raffles Hotel Le Royal and our team was able to make your Christmas holiday special.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 23, 2016

This hotel is in an excellent location just a short walk (or tuk tuk ride) from the river and main areas of Phnom Penh, which gives it a feeling of peace within the hectic life that surrounds it. The hotel has a colonial feel (probably as you would expect from the Raffles name), service is excellent and the Elephant Bar is a must visit, especially during happy hour (which is actually happy 5 hours!). There are only two small criticisms; dinner in the main restaurant was soleless and the air-conditioning way too cold (instead of turning it down they gave me a scarf?!), the food was good but suggest a better atmosphere if you eat in the bar; the second is turndown service, this is too early as they come around 5pm, this would be better after guests have changed for dinner. If in Phnom Penh I would definitely recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded December 25, 2016

Dear BishTL,

We are pleased that you enjoy the charm of our heritage address and service provided by our team.

We value feedback to help us improve our service offering and are currently reviewing your comments with the team to deliver the best possible experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 23, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is as grand as expected and well located. The staff was very welcoming and attentive. I had dinner at the cafe and after, the staff ran after me to give me the jacket that I inadvertently left. The hotel arranged a tuktuk which I paid $15 inclusive of a $3 tip. The tuktuk driver took me around museums and waited for me, all in 2 hours. I felt safe in my entire stay - a very important factor for a solo traveller. I stayed in the newer wing as I wanted to use a newer bathroom. On my last day, I had lunch buffet at their fine dining restaurant because the cafe was full. I thought the buffet price was a bit pricey for Cambodia, but food and service were great.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank gcny1
Management response:Responded December 25, 2016

Dear gcny1,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us.

The safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and I am pleased to know we provided this during your stay. Your feedback regarding the service is greatly appreciated by the team and we have shared it with them directly.

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.