Yet somehow, not in a tasteless fashion. It really is rather charming, though one has to wonder at the feelings of the poor souls who have to still wear the Hotel's traditional Uniforms.
Rooms - good, comfy, but cosy (aka compact and smallish - Ours was in the New Building at the back).
* Lounge - comfy seats, nice service, drinks and bar snacks, but full of cigarette & cigar smoke;
* Dining Room - Delightful room, but as we were almost the only diners that night, we were lost in a huge room, Good Food, but lacked atmosphere/ambience - we blamed ourselves !
* Breakfast - marvelous;
* Pools - bit spoilt by over indulged children & their thoughtless parents;
* Service - Traditionally old-fashioned SEast Asian charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A history of hospitality. The luxury of time. The secret charm of Cambodia. One of Asia's essential destination hotels, Raffles Phnom Penh has been the iconic resting place for the well travelled since 1929. Located in the heart of vibrant Phnom Penh, our hotel has been part of the history of the city and welcomes, as it has always done, a diverse clientele of entrepreneurs, writers, journalists, royalty and intrepid travellers from across the globe. Rooms and suites have been respectfully restored to reflect a distinguished blend of Khmer, Art Deco and French colonial architecture. Dining is an essential part of the Phnom Penh experience. In keeping with history and a sense of place, the elegant Le Royal Restaurant serves modern French cuisine and Royal Khmer cuisine with original recipes graciously gifted to Raffles from the Royal Palace. Almost as famous as the hotel itself, is the Elephant Bar where local residents and visitors alike gather over wine, whisky and cocktails. The Raffles Spa offers relaxation, rejuvenation and fitness through a considered mix of local and classic treatments, gym and spa pool. Complete your visit to Cambodia with a stay at our sister hotel Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, a great hotel of the legendary Grand Tour of Indochina and virtually at the doorstep of the Angkor UNESCO World Heritage site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Raffles Hotel Le Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Hotel Phnom Penh