After 19 nights in Cambodia, we had booked our final 2 nights as a family of 4 (kids 7 & 5) at the Intercontinental using my IHG Points. This was for a deluxe room with 2 queen beds to we could all stay in the same room, and we had planned on either paying for breakfast each day, or leaving the hotel for breakfast. Upon check-in, we were offered an upgrade to a club room for $45 per night, so $90 in total, which gave us the absolutely fantastic breakfast buffet for all 4 of us, free internet access, club room access (free afternoon tea 3-5pm & free alcholic drinks 6-8pm, and free soft drinks all day). This turned out to be superb value for us, the kids could snack late afternoon before we ate out in the evening (not in the hotel), and also we could enjoy a couple of glasses of wine at sunset before heading out.
The room was perfect, 4 of us there was plenty of space, views over the city, and the breakfast buffet was truly excellent - the kids loved the way they could have ice-cream for the 1st time ever for breakfast - a great way to end their holiday. Note: we used the main buffet in the hotel not the club room breakfast which is always a little bit more limited.
The team in the club room were so helpful, allowing us a late check out at 3pm as our flight wasn't until 6pm, and also letting us have afternoon tea at 3pm despite the fact we had checked out. They also arranged a taxi to pick us up (around $12) instead of relying on the concierge option which was $27. Tuk -tuks gather at the bottom of the hotel drive, we always walked to them to get around rather than using any hotel arranged transport which i am sure would've had a premium.
Swimming pool was nice, a little chilly but the kids enjoyed it everyday. Really enjoyed the end to our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For two decades, InterContinental Phnom Penh is the Cambodian luxury hotel of choice for business and leisure travelers with our variety of choice of stay offers: from deluxe rooms, to Club InterContinental, to suites and even serviced apartments. We also provide exceptional facilities for conferences, meetings and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Phnom Penh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Phnom Penh Hotel Phnom Penh
- Phnom Penh Intercontinental