“Gracious oasis”

InterContinental Phnom Penh
Ranked #30 of 276 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel has quiet and gracious ambience, an oasis, away from the Phnom Penh bustle and traffic - but still with relatively easy access to city centre, and is on airport side of city. It is set back from street with pleasant garden in front. Hotel has feel of restrained elegance and beautifully simple design, which I appreciated much as an architect, and I noticed that it is well maintained. I am interested to know more about its history, perhaps the hotel could promote this more? It impressed me as one of the world's grand hotels, but without being extravagant. The staff were also lovely and quietly attentive. I would happily stay there for the rest of my life and enjoy the daily pleasure, service and great breakfast in Regency Cafe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear David N,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are pleased that you were able to recognise the efforts that our team make to deliver a good experience for every guest. The team are the heart and soul of our of hotel so it’s very gratifying to see that they were able to demonstrate great hospitality.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 9, 2013

A great hotel by any account , the room was beautifully appointed and spacious , really lovely staff that were extremely helpful . The chinese restaurant in the hotel is a real treat but expenx\sive for cambodia considering the cheap produce and low wages . All the hotel is beautifully decorated . The location is a bit out of the way but easy to get transport .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at the InterContinental, in a Club Room for 4 nights. I recommend the upgrade to a club room or at least pay for the Club Lounge access where you will get a full breakfast, afternoon tea, evening cocktails with appetizers. Vanna and Phalla in the Club Lounge were extremely helpful, knowledgeable and provided some great advice about visiting Phnom Penh's tourist attractions. The hotel swimming pool was very nice and the sauna was a bonus! I regularly stay at Holiday Inn or InterContinental hotels for my work and I have to say that this is probably the best IHG Group hotel I have stayed at with the friendliest of staff!

Room Tip: Club room on floors 14 and 15 allows you access to Club Lounge and additional benefits
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lovely hotel in PP. I stayed there on a weekend vacation (from Singapore). Staff were lovely and exceptionally helpful. I paid the extra to have club lounge access which seemed to be good value for money. For breakfast you had a choice of the Club Lounge or one of the restaurants in the lobby - obviously the Lobby Restaurant was a better choice. Breakfast was a traditional Continental Breakfast. It included standard offerings such as pastries, toast, cereals and eggs. Also included some local offerings. It was nothing outstanding but it certainly provided a decent breakfast. Hotel staff were so helpful. Due to time constraints I hired the hotel driver which was great value for money. The driver spoke English, was really friendly and an excellent driver. It was well worth it. I was upgraded to a suite (was RA) so can't comment on standard rooms. The room was large but a little tired. The lounge room had an old fashioned TV but the bedroom a new flat screen. Location wise the hotel is not great if you are sightseeing. Most of the sights (aside from the Killing Fields) are near the river - which realistically is a little far to walk. The hotel did arrange a Tuk Tuk for me.
I would recommend this note.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps one stays at "brand" hotels because of past experience. I do like Intercontinental hotels and rate this one very highly. It feels distinctly Cambodian. Ambience is great. Breakfast is first class. I am member of the Ambassador program and was upgraded so the room is out of this world. Two toilets two TV and the sort of bed where you can hardly see your partner in the distance. We took concierge's advice and hired guide and tuk-tuk for a day sightseeing and could not have done it ourselves. Loved every minute.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I remember this hotel as a wonderful quick hotel, I came here with my family of 5. The service, rooms and food was beyond good but the hotel is not really made for kids (if you have any). The view from my (2) rooms was amazing, I could see at least 20Km away. I though just because the hotel is small doesn't mean it is good, it was always easy to get around. 8/10

Room Tip: All the rooms are good if you like views, go up top.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while on a business trip to Phnom Penh. The hotel was fully booked due to several conferences being held at the same time so we were upgraded to a large suite on the business floor (floor 14) since we had to pay rack rate. The room was very spacious with walk in cupboards, separate lounge and office area, standing shower and separate bathtub, bath robe and slippers. Room amenities were to a very high standard too and room cleanliness was excellent. Having breakfast in the executive lounge was an added bonus as it was quieter than the main dining area. Breakfast selection was good with a mix of European, American and local options.

We didn't use the swimming pool but it appeared to be a very nice area and well maintained.

The stand out element of this hotel is the staff. They were extremely friendly and service orientated - particularly in the lobby bar.

Getting anywhere from this hotel is cheap and easy as you will find Tuk Tuk drivers waiting just at the hotel entrance. You pay USD 2 to 3 to anywhere in the city limits and slightly more late in the evenings.

Highly recommended for business travellers or those holding large meetings and conferences. We will be back.

Room Tip: The higher floors give you a great panorama over the entire city.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business