“very good hotel with a reasonable price tag”

InterContinental Phnom Penh
Ranked #29 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I remember this hotel as a wonderful quick hotel, I came here with my family of 5. The service, rooms and food was beyond good but the hotel is not really made for kids (if you have any). The view from my (2) rooms was amazing, I could see at least 20Km away. I though just because the hotel is small doesn't mean it is good, it was always easy to get around. 8/10

Room Tip: All the rooms are good if you like views, go up top.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while on a business trip to Phnom Penh. The hotel was fully booked due to several conferences being held at the same time so we were upgraded to a large suite on the business floor (floor 14) since we had to pay rack rate. The room was very spacious with walk in cupboards, separate lounge and office area, standing shower and separate bathtub, bath robe and slippers. Room amenities were to a very high standard too and room cleanliness was excellent. Having breakfast in the executive lounge was an added bonus as it was quieter than the main dining area. Breakfast selection was good with a mix of European, American and local options.

We didn't use the swimming pool but it appeared to be a very nice area and well maintained.

The stand out element of this hotel is the staff. They were extremely friendly and service orientated - particularly in the lobby bar.

Getting anywhere from this hotel is cheap and easy as you will find Tuk Tuk drivers waiting just at the hotel entrance. You pay USD 2 to 3 to anywhere in the city limits and slightly more late in the evenings.

Highly recommended for business travellers or those holding large meetings and conferences. We will be back.

Room Tip: The higher floors give you a great panorama over the entire city.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights on a business trip. The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of the city and atmosphere is calm and quiet. The rooms are quite standard, (mine smelled a bit old when i got in, but that changed) and the amenities are sufficient. The breakfast is superb and definite value for money. I did order a few meals via room service and the best of them was Nasi Goreng and also the Bean burritos made for a delicious appetizer. The gym was quite good but the hotel should have a steam room. Staff were extremely polite and helpful, they always called to check if the food had been delivered on time/was it tasty etc etc. Overall, it was a good stay for the price..

Room Tip: AC's do take a lot of time to cool.. so be patient.. once they do, its quite pleasant.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel is superb and awesome for many reasons, it has a cultural ambiance filled with warmth and care from the staff. I have stayed at the hotel on Business and also with my husband for a break. The facilities are great and if you upgrade to exec level, there are other daily benefits throughout the day that fall in with your business or holiday changes. The staff are very helpful & caring such as Phalla Kem who has a professional warmth and funny personality in assisting you in what you want to do and where you want to go. amazing experience ! I seriously recommended ..

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Amazing place to stay with great views from the top floors. Upgraded to executive level upon check in and the free snacks in the evening, Internet and breakfast were well worth the money. Thanks to the amazing staff who helped organising bus tickets to Si Reap. Will definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed in this property for three days recently on a business trip to Phnom Penh. An excellent experience during the entire stay. The staff is very nice, polite and efficient. Stayed in the Business Room that allows access to the business lounge that has the business centre alongwith arrangements for a quick snack and a drink during the evening hours. The buffet breakfast has an enormous spread spread. The chinese restaurant on first floor too is exotic with very efficient service. Location too is very central. Rooms are very comfortable and very well appointed. It was a very nice experience staying here.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Amazing hotel. Upon entering the hotel lobby we were immediately whisked away to the Club floor (14th level) for our express check-in. I have to say that they definitely treat InterContinental Ambassadors with impeccable service here, you won't be disappointed. Our upgraded room was very spacious, had a comfortable bed and an excellent view of the city. We used the club lounge each day and it was especially relaxing to unwind in the lounge over a few drinks and nibbles before heading to dinner. On the first night we dined at Xiang Palace, the on-site chinese restaurant on Level 2. The food was very tasty, but what followed that night was the worst bout of food poisoning. I alerted staff to what was going on and I was impressed by how they handled the issue. Having recovered from my bout of food poisoning I was reassured by the head chef Atish that I would be looked after in all subsequent meals. As such, I took them up on the offer and planned a surprise dinner for my partner on her birthday at the Regency Cafe, another on-site restaurant. Atish and the guest relations staff prepared a custom set menu for the both of us, cordoned off a section of the restaurant and helped us enjoy our dinner - I can happily say that I had no bout of food poisoning that night, nor did my partner. The cost of doing the set menu etc was acceptable, and I'm happy I went ahead with the plan - take a look at the photos if you want to see what we ate! The Regency is also where they serve the buffet breakfast each morning, and I have to say that it was truly tasty food! Aside from that, the location was good, we used a tuk tuk to visit pretty much everything in the city and outskirts and return to the hotel - very easy. All in all, very comfortable stay, staff are very sincere when dealing with you. One star off for the food poisoning event, but I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple